New to St. Kitts - Suggestions??

kag19

We will be stopping at St. Kitts/Nevis for the first time in February 2018. Would appreciate some suggestions for excursions through Celebrity. As we have never been to the island we would like to do an excursion that gives a good overall view of the island and see the most we can in the time we have. Thank you in advance!!

We will be in St. Kitts December 16. Last time we were there, we did the sugar train excursion that is offered through RCCL, so you can probably do that. I thought it was a good time. This time, we are using Thenford Grey, which is an independent tour, and I will post back my review for you. What type of excursion are you looking for, let me know, and I will look into some of them while I am there if I can.

Regards,

Mike

Thank you both for the suggestions! We are looking at doing an island tour of some sort since it is our first time there in order to get a feel for the island. The Sugar Train or an independent tour might be the way to go. I will look into both, thanks again!

I would take an independent island tour. The island tour would be cheaper than the train and you would actually see more of the island. The train only goes on a portion of the trip around the island by rail and finishes with either their van back to the port or a catamaran back to the port area with an additional cost. If you are a train buff by all means do the train as it is the only one in the Caribbean.

rose or Jim from rose and jims taxi will show you the entire island in a comfortable air conditioned van. the batik factory is great, the grounds are beautiful. We've been with Rose 3 times and would do it again! Have fun

• 2 weeks later...
Rose and Jim offer an excellent way to see the island of St Kitts. They each have a very new large air conditioned van for their excursion/tours of the island. I have know them for over 10 years.

Hi! Would you happen to have contact info for these people?

As with most Caribbean ports there are plenty of taxi / minibus operators waiting at the Quayside. They will either take you on a tour of the main attractions or to somewhere specific.

I particularly wanted to see the Brimstone fortress. At the taxi drivers suggestion we called in at a Batik factory/shop on the way back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We didn't have much planned for St Kitts and had just planned on walking around... but when you get off the ship of course there are many guides and taxis. We ended up choosing to go on the open air bus safari which was worth it in the end as it included an island tour and beach time, for only 20 dollars per person, including rum punch, beer, water, etc. Good value and we still had time for the shops in Basseterre.

We didn't have much planned for St Kitts and had just planned on walking around... but when you get off the ship of course there are many guides and taxis. We ended up choosing to go on the open air bus safari which was worth it in the end as it included an island tour and beach time, for only 20 dollars per person, including rum punch, beer, water, etc. Good value and we still had time for the shops in Basseterre.

did you reserve the open air safari bus in advance or just when you got of the ship? is there a company name? thank you

Just when we got off the ship. There will be several companies competing for your patronage. Just walk around the square and you’ll get the sales speech from several of them until you find one that sounds appealing to you. There was more than one open air bus there, sorry I couldn’t tell you which we were on. I’d imagine they’re all simlilar. We felt 20 bucks for beach + tour with open bar was a pretty decent way to spend the day.

We will be in St. Kitts December 16. Last time we were there, we did the sugar train excursion that is offered through RCCL, so you can probably do that. I thought it was a good time. This time, we are using Thenford Grey, which is an independent tour, and I will post back my review for you. What type of excursion are you looking for, let me know, and I will look into some of them while I am there if I can.

Regards,

Mike

We went with Thenford Grey a couple years ago, a good day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We booked an independent tour with Royston Tours.....it was a fun day. He is a little of a dare devil and will make the day calm or exciting depending on the group. His vehicle only holds 10 or so people. We hit numerous spots, circumvented the whole island and had a great lunch up at the fort.

Here are some pics I took with my iphone. I haven't processed the photos I took with my good camera yet.

IMG_0246-M.jpg

IMG_0278-M.jpg

This sounds very appealing! We have 16 people in our group. Is the bus large enough to hold that many people? How long was the tour? How much time did you spend on the beach?

This sounds very appealing! We have 16 people in our group. Is the bus large enough to hold that many people? How long was the tour? How much time did you spend on the beach?

The open air safari bus seats around 20 people is say. It’s long benches, 4 people wide times 5 benches I think. We saw multiple safari busses in action and multiple sales people approached us so I don’t think it would be difficult to acquire one for your group. We spent approx 2 hours at the beach. Overall 4-5 hours.