Hors d'oeuvres in Neptune Suites - earliest delivery times?

POA1

Someone asked me this question, but since we're a late seating people, I didn't know. We always have our hors d'oeuvre order delivered around 6:30. What's the earliest you can get them? The person who wants to know is in the PS if that matters.

Someone asked me this question, but since we're a late seating people, I didn't know. We always have our hors d'oeuvre order delivered around 6:30. What's the earliest you can get them? The person who wants to know is in the PS if that matters.

The Neptune Lounge Concierge will arrange the time. Earliest we have requested was 2:30 but we now opt for 3:00 PM for our early dining time.

Love the chicken wings and they are quite a nice late snack when chilled in the minibar.

Edited by Crew News

I recall requesting a 4:30 P. M. time, thinking that I probably would be in the stateroom at that time. I discovered that I was not on several days, but I was pleased that the Steward had placed them in the cabin in spite of my absence. Great service!

Chicken wings sounds good. What else is normally included or can be requested?

There was not a menu offered. The selections were whatever was being prepared that day. There was a choice of cold, hot, or both cold and hot hors d'oerves.

Chicken wings sounds good. What else is normally included or can be requested?

The Concierge has a list from which you can order. Joanie prefers the skewered shrimp with Asian sauce. You can also order generic hot/cold appetizers that will vary each day. The dry bread bases just do not appeal to us so we place a standing order of chicken wings (vary between plain, spicy, or teriyaki) and skewered shrimp for each cruise day at 3:00 PM.

The Neptune Lounge has many other appetizers you can always pickup if you are not completely happy with the generic appetizers that are delivered. The Neptune Lounge visit is also a chance to grab some chocolate and cookies for late-night snacks.

The Concierge has a list from which you can order. Joanie prefers the skewered shrimp with Asian sauce. You can also order generic hot/cold appetizers that will vary each day. The dry bread bases just do not appeal to us so we place a standing order of chicken wings (vary between plain, spicy, or teriyaki) and skewered shrimp for each cruise day at 3:00 PM.

Roger, do you think we would be able to get these goodies one time at 2 PM?

Roger, do you think we would be able to get these goodies one time at 2 PM?

I don't wee why not but I will verify Monday when I board the Nieuw Amsterdam. I will also scan a copy of the appetizer menu that the Concierge keeps.

I don't wee why not but I will verify Monday when I board the Nieuw Amsterdam. I will also scan a copy of the appetizer menu that the Concierge keeps.

Thanks, but I board Sunday on the Veendam and will ask the concierge... You have been a great help already.

Never saw or was offered an hors d'oeuvres menu. Is this something else that varies from ship to ship?

There might be some variation, but you should be able to order from a fixed menu if you want. We usually just get the daily selections, but if you are entertaining a picky crowd and don't want to throw caution to the wind, ask for the menu.

There was not a menu offered. The selections were whatever was being prepared that day. There was a choice of cold, hot, or both cold and hot hors d'oerves.

The Neptune Lounge has many other appetizers you can always pickup if you are not completely happy with the generic appetizers that are delivered. The Neptune Lounge visit is also a chance to grab some chocolate and cookies for late-night snacks.

Thanks guys. Only one cruise on Holland so we're trying to learn all the tricks. We had a deck five aft wrap on Westerdam. Were very surprised at how we enjoyed the Neptune Lounge. In fact, we booked an SA almost across the hall for our next cruise.

Thanks guys. Only one cruise on Holland so we're trying to learn all the tricks. We had a deck five aft wrap on Westerdam. Were very surprised at how we enjoyed the Neptune Lounge. In fact, we booked an SA almost across the hall for our next cruise.

Across the hall is our favorite. I think you'll like the convenience.

That's the perfect location. Enjoy.

Across the hall is our favorite. I think you'll like the convenience.

Do you know if there are any negatives about being in an SA suite right next to a PS suite? Is there a noise factor? Either through the walls or from their deck? (Thinking maybe MORE people there?)

Just wondering!

Thanks!

Isn't directly across the hall from the Neptune Lounge kind of noisy at times?

I don't think it's any noisier than any other location. It's not like the Neptune Lounge is a nonstop, rock and roll patio of boisterous fun. We just like the convenience.

Do you know if there are any negatives about being in an SA suite right next to a PS suite? Is there a noise factor? Either through the walls or from their deck? (Thinking maybe MORE people there?)

Just wondering!

Thanks!

You'd be next to the bedroom on most ships. The veranda room on the other side is next to the pantry.

Just wondering!

Thanks!

Which ship will you be on? It varies by class of ship.