NCL Getaway - planned dry dock/refurbishment?

Hey there!

Does anyone know if there is a planned refurb for the Getaway before it repositions to New Orleans in 2019? I love cruising out of New Orleans but I would prefer to go on the Getaway after a refurb. I know the Breakway is getting one and I’m sure the Getaway could use one too!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by jplovestocruise

Just got off the Getaway and other than some new furniture in the atrium I did not see anything that needed refurbing. The ship looks brand new.

Glad to hear this. I was wondering how the ship was looking. We may be booking on her and I was wondering about a refurb date and the condition of the ship.

Getaway's statutory drydock interval is in Feb 2019, but they can do a couple of months grace, so probably Feb-Apr. Being as it is her first drydocking, I would assume that there is little real refurbishment planned, just some renewals of worn items. It will be mostly a statutory mechanical maintenance drydock.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Looks like there is a four day gap between dropping off passengers in New Orleans on 4/19/2020 and starting the transatlantic from New York on 4/23/2020.  It seems they are sailing an empty cruise ship from New Orleans to New York.  I cannot imagine that is enough time for any type of refit unless they are doing it while underway.

After the Transatlantik there is a gap about 14 days, like last year the breakaway the Getaway should go in dry dock in Europe. I think the dry dock is like the breakaway, more technical things like install scrubbers.

Hope they make the syd normans at getaway too.

• 5 months later...