Eagle Beach

Radioguyaz

Hi all.. I think I have decided that while in Aruba we are going to just chill at Eagle Beach. I am wondering if anybody has first hand info on how much chair rentals are at that beach and if there are any restaurants close that you would recommend?

Hi all.. I think I have decided that while in Aruba we are going to just chill at Eagle Beach. I am wondering if anybody has first hand info on how much chair rentals are at that beach and if there are any restaurants close that you would recommend?

If you want restaurants, then you want Palm Beach. There may be food trucks at Eagle Beach, but that is about it .

You could definitely go to Ricardo’s at ABC for lunch. If you go between 12-1 they have a 2 for 1 happy hour and the drinks are fantastic. Right next door to ABC is Casa Del Mar. The restaurant there is Matthews and they also have 12-1 happy hour. Both restaurants are right on the beach. Enjoy!

Amsterdam Manor beach bar has great food and drinks, right on Eagle Beach which puts Palm Beach as far as the beach goes to shame. You can rent beach chairs and palapas for $5 and $10 for the day, done this several times, been to Palm beach once and have no desire to go back when I'm on Aruba, the vibe at Eagle is great no vibe at Palm.:o Hope that helps Todd

On Eagle you will usually pay about $20 for two chairs and umbrella or palapa. On our last visit the beach guys across from Amsterdam Manor gave us a hard time and bummed us off on an outfit that rented crappy chairs with no umbrellas. So we walked up the beach (towards the North) and found a new place that was happy to rent us very nice chairs. This place had their own rest rooms, snack bar, etc. It was located at the northern end of Eagle.

And by the way, being an old guy who has been to Aruba dozens of times (including on extended vacations) I should mention that there is no way we would ever want to spend a day a Palm Beach :). Yes, we know that many people love Palm beach and its "high rise" hotel area. To us, its too crowded and too darn commercial. Eagle is somewhat quieter and more laid back. Even when we vacation on Aruba we avoid Palm and prefer hotels near Eagle or on Manchebo Beach (this is not a good option for day trippers).

Hank

For us it's about the water...how clear and calm it is. With that being said, is Eagle or Palm any different in clarity or calmness? We will have our daughter with us so big waves or strong currents would be a negative at her age. Any other places you would suggest besides Eagle or Palm that are reasonable enough to get to for a day trip (cruise)?

BABY BEACH is said to be the best for kids. Comments i have been reading. it is a ways out to it is the only drawback.

Not only is Baby Beach a very expensive taxi ride, you have an ugly view of the old oil refinery. It can also be extremely windy at times. When we were there last Feb., we battled severe winds. We gave up and left after a short while. It's a long ways to go to be disappointed.

For us it's about the water...how clear and calm it is. With that being said, is Eagle or Palm any different in clarity or calmness? We will have our daughter with us so big waves or strong currents would be a negative at her age. Any other places you would suggest besides Eagle or Palm that are reasonable enough to get to for a day trip (cruise)?

Reflextions at Surfside Beach might be a good choice for you. It is a beach club, close to the port. Palm Beach has calm water, but Eagle can be calm one day and have strong waves the next.

Reflextions at Surfside Beach might be a good choice for you. It is a beach club, close to the port. Palm Beach has calm water, but Eagle can be calm one day and have strong waves the next.

Is Palm Beach always calm? This will be our first time to Aruba and it seemed like Palm & Eagle were the top two most mentioned beaches.

Is Palm Beach always calm? This will be our first time to Aruba and it seemed like Palm & Eagle were the top two most mentioned beaches.

Palm is always calm. The only exception that I know of was when a tropical storm was close by last year. Then, it didn't really have waves, but was more unsettled. It is like a lake.