Gotta tell someone

I booked my first cruise last night, finally.

Originally we were going to go with my sister and her husband, but due to financial issues, they can't go. I wanted to talk about the cruise with her this morning but didn't want to hurt her feelings. So, I decided to come here and let everyone here, who loves to cruise, know I am going on a 5 day cruise on Oct 16th. The Ecstasy is the ship we are going on, out of Galveston. I feel like we got a good deal since we used the ES plan. I am still gonna watch for the price drops, we can use the OBC.

I am so excited I can barely contain myself.

OK thanks for letting me carry on!

Be prepared..you will LOVE cruising!

Do as much as you can but leave time to just wander.

Enjoy the food, and try some new things...you may be surprised.

Most of all realize you will be HOOKED on cruising.

I did not even want to go on our first cruise...now we try to cruise once a year! When we get off one ship we start saving for the next.

Most of all just relax and have fun...

We sailed the MWA two times(maine Windjammer Association) and they always referred to cruise ships with "those types of people":eek: on them. Who knew I was one of "those types".:D Fresh towels, cleaned rooms(almost like gnomes, they mysteriously enter and clean), towel animals, great food, as much as you want, coffee 24/7. Entertainment all the time, great shore excursions.....And what's worse(LOL) I got addicted to cruise critic. So now I have something to obcess over all the time. Congratulations!

I can totally understand your excitment! We still have over 200 days til we cruise and I can hardly stand it! (Freedom 11/10)

I think my DH is already tired of me talking about it! I love this board and have learned so much from everyone! :D

I can totally understand your excitment! We still have over 200 days til we cruise and I can hardly stand it! (Freedom 11/10)

I think my DH is already tired of me talking about it! I love this board and have learned so much from everyone! :D

Must be related to my DH..He thinks I should just forget about it til the week before..Like that will happen..maybe I should forget to pack his underwear this trip..That will show him...

OMG, We ONLY have 73 days to go! I better start packing!!

I know how you feel! After taking my 1st cruise for my anniversary in 2008 and then another one in 2009 for a family reunion, I have become ADDICTED!! I feel silly telling others about all the cruises I have planned so I come here to feel accepted! :p:D

Must be related to my DH..He thinks I should just forget about it til the week before..Like that will happen..maybe I should forget to pack his underwear this trip..That will show him...

OMG, We ONLY have 73 days to go! I better start packing!!

LMAO...that is too funny!!! Sounds like something I will do. ;) It is only going to get worst for him now as you are getting so close. I think my DH goes on the cruise just to take a vaction from all my talking over the last 11 months!:p

Originally we were going to go with my sister and her husband, but due to financial issues, they can't go. I wanted to talk about the cruise with her this morning but didn't want to hurt her feelings. So, I decided to come here and let everyone here, who loves to cruise, know I am going on a 5 day cruise on Oct 16th. The Ecstasy is the ship we are going on, out of Galveston. I feel like we got a good deal since we used the ES plan. I am still gonna watch for the price drops, we can use the OBC.

Nice, nice. You're gonna have a great time!

Don't get discouraged if the priced doesn't come down for a while, allot of times it doesn't come down til the last few weeks before you cruise and you can cash in with ES and get some OBC!:)

They say you will not spend much time in your stateroom. Bull, cruising is an aphrodisiac. I am a slave to the DW the whole time we are on board, and she is my personal fluff girl all week. Makes me all hot and bothered just thinking about our next cruise. Heck, I'm always thinking about our next cruise. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy.

95 days and I will be taking my wife on her 1st cruise and my 2nd. We are both getting so excited about it! We will be on the Conquest out of Galveston. My daughter and son in law will be joining us as well. I can hardly wait!!!!!

Congratulations!! We'll be cruising that same week on the Dream out of Port Canaveral. Seems like forever, but I'm sure it'll get here eventually. Have you looked on the cruise critic boards for a roll call for your cruise yet? They're so much fun, and make the time go a LOT faster.

Happy Sailing!

Archived