Please help me with my choice of cruise

hydro1570

Okay so, I am currently booked on Royal for a family of 5. We have two interior rooms sailing Nov 14th for 7 nights at a total price of $3309 w/gratuities. This is the deal.....the ship is only stopping in 3 ports being Labidee, San Juan, & St. Marteen.

Should I consider switching to Carnivals Glory for the same dates with a totally different itinerary for cheaper. Here it goes.....Glory sailing would leave on Nov 14th as well for 7 nights w/ 4 ports being....Isla Rotan, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, & Belize. The difference for staterooms would be my hubby & I would have to get a balcony and the kids across in an interior. The price for this sailing is $2995 w/ gratuities.

PLEASE HELP!!! I am soooo torn as to what to do..This will be the kids first time sailing. I want to go ROYAL but at the same time Carnival is cheaper and more places to see. What do you experienced cruisers think I should do??? What cruise line is better these days??:confused:

Either cruiseline will be fine....it's really a matter of the ports, it seems!

Many folks like sea days, as they get to really USE the ship that they've paid to use. On port days, unless you stay on the ship, you're gone almost all day, and don't really get to make use of the ship and it's amenities.....

If you want to see as many places as possible, the Carnival trip is the one for you...

Labadee is RCI's private beach...so that is a pure beach day...no "roaming about and sightseeing there! San Juan---check the length of time in port...they usually are only there for a few hours...not really enough time to do much.

Both cruiselines are very similar...you'll be happy with either, I think!

Here it is: I would do the Carnival! I have sailed them both many times but, the one thing I can say: Carnival is great for children, imo better than RCCL. I really enjoy Grand Cayman and there's nuttin' better than Cave tubing in Belize. For me, I like the Carnival itinerary better.....not to mention I am doing the same itinerary again in November ;)!

Okay so, I am currently booked on Royal for a family of 5. We have two interior rooms sailing Nov 14th for 7 nights at a total price of $3309 w/gratuities. This is the deal.....the ship is only stopping in 3 ports being Labidee, San Juan, & St. Marteen.

Should I consider switching to Carnivals Glory for the same dates with a totally different itinerary for cheaper. Here it goes.....Glory sailing would leave on Nov 14th as well for 7 nights w/ 4 ports being....Isla Rotan, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, & Belize. The difference for staterooms would be my hubby & I would have to get a balcony and the kids across in an interior. The price for this sailing is $2995 w/ gratuities.

PLEASE HELP!!! I am soooo torn as to what to do..This will be the kids first time sailing. I want to go ROYAL but at the same time Carnival is cheaper and more places to see. What do you experienced cruisers think I should do??? What cruise line is better these days??:confused:

I would go Glory in a heartbeat, and cheaper to boot! Plus you and hubby get balcony and see more ports? No brainer for me. I think Carnival is just as good or better than RCL. That is a point of debate of course, but for me the ships and food are better. And that Western itinerary with 4 stops is way more interesting. My 2 cents!

How old are your kids? Remember that when you are on the ship your chances of spending money are increased. Did you price the Family cabin that allows for 5?

The inside cabins are small on Royal Caribbean. The Glory has a lot of the same features. The Oasis has a different feel than the Glory. The color pallete and the vibe is different.

You are going to spend a lot more on Oasis. The private island is another money pit as your kids are going to want to do all the acitvities and they cost money.

Carnival for sure! I have friends that were on the Glory about 2 years ago and said they loved that ship! Plus, look at the $$ you'll save AND you and hubby get a balcony cabin! RCI used to be great but nowadays (IMO), they're lacking. They cut out a lot of perks we used to enjoy - you can forget the chocolate on the pillow for sure!

If I had a chance to sail the Oasis rather than the Glory for $400 more total, I do the Oasis in a heartbeat. This is the ultimate "destination" ship. Look at it this way: the Oasis itinerary is 3 days in port and 4 days on a wonderful ship with more to do than the port days. The Glory is four slightly better port days with three days on a ship with not much to offer other than a suntan.

If I had a chance to sail the Oasis rather than the Glory for $400 more total, I do the Oasis in a heartbeat. This is the ultimate "destination" ship. Look at it this way: the Oasis itinerary is 3 days in port and 4 days on a wonderful ship with more to do than the port days. The Glory is four slightly better port days with three days on a ship with not much to offer other than a suntan.

I don't see where the OP mentioned that the ship was Oasis. I would think that would be much more expensive.

Sorry guys the ship I booked with Royal is The Liberty of The Seas...not The Oasis!!! I wish!! That was like another $2300!!

So it's Liberty w/Royal or Glory w/Carnival

My kids are 4, 11, & 13.....I know the ice rink is nice and I am sure the ice shows are great. I know my son would LOVE the flowrider, but are these few things worth the extra?!?! Although, I cannot get two interior connecting cabins are Carnival to really save.

Another question I have is......should I feel safe getting a cabin across the hall. This is so hubby & I could have a balcony, but have kids across the hall in an interior. I really wanted connecting, but don't want to pay the extra for the kids to have balcony & also I don't fell safe with them having a balcony.

Archived