Cruising w/ a 3 1/2 year old

patsnation18

I've been on many cruises, but this is the first time my husband and I will be cruising with our daughter, who will be a month shy of 4 by the time we board the ship.

We are going on the Escape to Bermuda and I am wondering, can I bring packaged snacks like mini bags of pretzels, fruit snacks, fruit roll ups, packaged peanut butter crackers, etc. aboard in my carry on for DD to snack on during our time at sea and in port? Also, does NCL allow unopened juice boxes or small bottles of Gatorade to be brought on during embarkation? Trying to ensure we have something she likes to drink, as she's not really a lemonade and water drinker and certainly no soda.

I'm a seasoned cruiser, but doing this with a toddler, I feel like a total newbie.

Thanks in advance.

Actually the answer to your question is partly yes. You can take any prepackaged snack foods you want. And it's a good idea to. You can also take powdered gatorade to add to water bottles... that might work.

Actually the answer to your question is partly yes. You can take any prepackaged snack foods you want. And it's a good idea to. You can also take powdered gatorade to add to water bottles... that might work.

Thank you! That just gave me a great idea, crystal lite packets and the little kool aid powder packs. I'll be bringing her her own travel cup, so this would work and just add water.

Been on five cruises with my grandchildren. My daughter packs a small duffle bag with gold fish crackers, Oreo cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and other goodies. They do not allow you to bring packaged drinks.

I've been on many cruises, but this is the first time my husband and I will be cruising with our daughter, who will be a month shy of 4 by the time we board the ship.

We are going on the Escape to Bermuda and I am wondering, can I bring packaged snacks like mini bags of pretzels, fruit snacks, fruit roll ups, packaged peanut butter crackers, etc. aboard in my carry on for DD to snack on during our time at sea and in port? Also, does NCL allow unopened juice boxes or small bottles of Gatorade to be brought on during embarkation? Trying to ensure we have something she likes to drink, as she's not really a lemonade and water drinker and certainly no soda.

I'm a seasoned cruiser, but doing this with a toddler, I feel like a total newbie.

Thanks in advance.

Are you sailing June 10? If so, join our rollcall.

Thank you! Does anyone know is sealed packages of snack food are allowed? I've only sailed NCL once before and was a college student, so snacks for a toddler were never even a thought.

Bring as much prepackaged snack food as you want. NCL doesn't care. I always bring some, it is much less expensive than buying from the limited selection on board.

No, not sailing until October. Thanks though. I'll be curious to see your thoughts/opinions after you sail.

We sailed BA and not really thrilled with it. Keeping an open mind but most of the recent reports mention same issues on BA generally around crowding.

At least Escape has some additional venues like DBH and Food Republic. Plus Bermuda is great.

We did Bermuda with our dd when she was three. It's a great place at that age (really any age) but it's nice to be able to go back and forth.

At that age our dd was really into apple juice and milk. In the mornings they have juice in the dispenser and I brought a few disposable cups with lids that we could fill up the cups and bring them to our room fridge. I also grabbed a couple of extra milk cartons. NCL is one of the few lines that usually has the fridge cold enough to keep milk. You likely already have these, but Target has great "disposable" cups with drink lids. They nest easily and take almost no space. They call them disposable but I put them through the dishwasher over and over.

At lunch they usually have some flavored water that my dd enjoyed. She doesn't drink pop and doesn't really like lemonade but she did like the tropical flavored water - usually mango or mixed fruit.

Have fun!

Dry cereal packs from the morning buffet make great kid snacks. We often have a box of Cheerios on hand for this purpose. Maybe try some at home so you know what you need to bring?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! That just gave me a great idea, crystal lite packets and the little kool aid powder packs. I'll be bringing her her own travel cup, so this would work and just add water.

And much easier to pack and carry!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums