Breakaway Studio lounge

BusyBlond

Hi, just booked the Breakaway for February 2019 in a studio cabin. How is the studio lounge on the Breakaway? Has anyone done both this ship & the Epic in a studio that can compare the two? Really looking forward to my next solo cruise experience.

• 6 months later...

Anothere question about the Studio Lounge at the Breakaway. Bar Service is only 1 hour a day? Is there 24 hours something to drink what is included in the drinking package? In a video i saw Water and Orange juice and a wine machine, but the machine is not in the package include or?

Anothere question about the Studio Lounge at the Breakaway. Bar Service is only 1 hour a day? Is there 24 hours something to drink what is included in the drinking package? In a video i saw Water and Orange juice and a wine machine, but the machine is not in the package include or?

If you are in a studio, you would have access to the studio lounge. The coffee (espresso/cappuccino)/hot chocolate/ tea/water/orange juice along with some bakery items (cake/cookies) are available for free to take.

You do not need a drinking package for these free drinks (juice/coffee).

The wine machine - it is not free and it is there for people to buy wine to drink.

I never been on the Breakaway but I love the Epic Lounge.

Hate the lounge on the Bliss only went there twice on the Trans Atlantic.

Booked the Epic for 5 b2b in Oct. 21 Oct-5Dec.

I too hated the lounge on the Bliss. Was chilly and not real tables. No butter or jelly for the croisquants (?) sorry

any way I thought the lounge in the EPIC was the most interesting. If you don't like Expresso then go to buffet for coffee.

I just returned from sailing on the Breakway in the Baltic Sea, and I had a studio. The studio lounge is a nice, quiet area to escape the crowds of the ship's public areas. There is a coffee machine where you can make specialty coffee drinks for free so you don't need to drink that awful "default" coffee on the ship or pay for them at the coffee shop (especially since the Ultimate Beverage Package does not cover them.) I enjoyed cappuccinos several times a day at no cost.

The only thing I didn't like was that I thought the lounge could have used more attention from the cleaning staff. There was often an unsightly tray of used cups and plates (pastries are served in there too), and the small garbage containers would overflow. There was a bar in there as well, but I was never in there at a time the bartender was there. I did speak up to housekeeping about the problem - maybe it will be resolved now.

There was a solo travelers' coordinator on board that schedules events for solo travelers. I went to the meeting on embarkation day, but didn't have time for any solo traveler activities after that because the itinerary was so excursion intensive (12 hours in Berlin, 2 in one day in St. Petersburg, etc.)... When I got back from excursions I was so tired all I wanted to do was go to the thermal suite and go to bed early!

The studio cabin was really nice, with trendy decor and lots of outlets.