Carnival Magic late arrival. Cancelling St Thomas. Very upset

LuckyZ

I was on the ship - it was a medical emergency--I saw the ambulance/doctor arrive and then return with patient leave several hours later. The mechanical issue with ship speed happened in in the middle of the night, and we were not told until 8am. All the staff were excellent. Many went without breaks to clean up and gear up for new passengers. The stress on the employees was huge!!! I hope you have a great cruise.....be extra nice to the staff! They deserve a few smiles!

I’ve never read this phrase before. What is patient leave?

I just wish the OP would have sympathy for those of us who are going to be on the magic next week. Think about our anxiety. What ports will we hit? What if they cancel the cruise altogether? What if the staff goes on strike because of people repeatedly going to guest services? What if they close off the secret passage to my cabin?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually didn’t need to as we were able to go to our rooms directly upon boarding the ship. My guess is that people had to vacate their rooms this morning and the staff had their normal time to clean the rooms. No complaints

BTW can’t believe the replies so far. No sympathy at all. This is a forum to exchange thoughts and opinions. All everyone seems to want to hear is the good stuff. But I’m giving facts of what went on yesterday as well as how I feel on how it’s going. If only good stuff is what you want, please don’t look at Cruise Critic . I’ve gotten a lot of good advice from people that post their experiences (even bad).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m definitely sympathetic. Looking forward to something all year paying a lot of money and time off of work for it to change that sucks. For me it would especially bother me because it’s a maintenance issue so that’s 100% Carnival’s things break I get it. The airliners I fly, they break but when they do it’s the company’s fault. That’s on us.