Fascination - going Southern route, starting at San Juan

beshears

More than likely, the answer is no, but I thought I would ask anyway.:)

For those of you who have done the Southern route on the Fascination to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados, St. Lucia and St. Maarten, do you know if any of these ports/islands have golf carts that a person can rent, instead of taking a tour or Taxi?

Thanks for your replies. I have a feeling they would be that way, but a person never knows until they ask.:) I was wondering about St. Kitts especially, as we hadn't been there in many a year, and at that time, there was not much to see, and more ground than anything else.:(

• 1 month later...
All of the port stops are large islands. Too large to navigate via gold cart.

This is what I thought-that the islands have to be somewhat large but the couple we are sailing with(it's our first and they have cruised often)say that the islands are so small that we will have plenty of time to cab it back and forth to the ship to get lunch or whatever if we want to. Would you agree that there is plenty of time to do that? I picture us driving really fast to get back to the ship on time!

This is what I thought-that the islands have to be somewhat large but the couple we are sailing with(it's our first and they have cruised often)say that the islands are so small that we will have plenty of time to cab it back and forth to the ship to get lunch or whatever if we want to. Would you agree that there is plenty of time to do that? I picture us driving really fast to get back to the ship on time!

Personally, the only island where I have got off the ship, returned for lunch and got of again to do other thins was St. Martin. But my reason was because I left early to get to the shopping are in town, buy some bottles of liquor and cheese. I did no tours of the island, really. After lunch I went to Maho beach for a dip in the water and to see the low flying planes land near you. I wouldn't really say any of the other islands are the back and forth type due to the time on the islands (except maybe for St. Thomas since it's a longer stop). Unless you're not doing any tours away from the ship and constrain your exploring to the shops in port, I'd suggest you forget about the "back and forth" thing.

Thanks for your replies. I have a feeling they would be that way, but a person never knows until they ask.:) I was wondering about St. Kitts especially, as we hadn't been there in many a year, and at that time, there was not much to see, and more ground than anything else.:(

St Kitts has several scenic view points, beaches, areas of interest. I suggest you look through the St Kitts port of call threads for something that might interest you.

I've stayed at the Marriott on that isle and visited on cruise ships maybe 6 or 8 times and always found a place to go. Have a great cruise!