Drinks package

midlandgas

• 2 weeks later...
They are well below pub prices. A can of Guinness is £3.95 and in the pubs I use it is over £5 a pint.

A pub well might charge you £5 for a pint of Guinness but that will be draught and cannot be compared to a can of Guinness which can be bought from any supermarket for 75p-£1.

Whilst the original post is about a year old there is a really good one with all the menu's photographed. They might have gone up a little in the mean time, but generally P&O are very reasonable for drinks compared to other lines

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2507620&highlight=wine+prices

Have to agree with you and in my opinion is one of the positive things that we like about P&O :)

The onboard prices are more expensive than my local pub, but are less than most other lines, especially if the drinks are priced in $ with an additional service charge to be added as well.

Think this depends on which part of the county (or indeed city) you live. P & O prices are very much on a par with those in our local pubs (we are in north London). However, pubs to the west of London (around Richmond/Twickenham for example) are considerably more expensive.

A pub well might charge you £5 for a pint of Guinness but that will be draught and cannot be compared to a can of Guinness which can be bought from any supermarket for 75p-£1.

I would agree, a can of Guinness served to you by a waiter on P&O with some nibbles and good music in the background isn't comparable to fighting for attention at the bar in Wetherspoons to get served a pint.

The issue is the former is a lot cheaper than the latter.

Same scenario paying £20 for a bottle of wine you can buy for £5 in a supermarket.

Having only cruised Celebrity where cocktails cost $18 and a glass of wine $15, the prices on P&O look like a bargain.

Same scenario paying £20 for a bottle of wine you can buy for £5 in a supermarket.

Having only cruised Celebrity where cocktails cost $18 and a glass of wine $15, the prices on P&O look like a bargain.

Stop exaggerating, Celebrity cocktails start at $9 and the same for wine. What Celebrity don’t have is a line half way up a prosseco glass showing the measure. We also choose Celebrity cruises that offer free drinks which is unheard of on P&O.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Stop exaggerating, Celebrity cocktails start at $9 and the same for wine. What Celebrity don’t have is a line half way up a prosseco glass showing the measure. We also choose Celebrity cruises that offer free drinks which is unheard of on P&O.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Free drinks that you have paid for in your cruise fare nothing in life is free.