Advice MSC Seaside Cabins 18001 and 18002

TrinaLC

We booked 18001 as it was the last YC cabin available. It is all the way to the front.

I'm wondering if the forward looking views will be blocked by the navigation deck? Or perhaps the dining room (see deck plans where the balconies do not seem to "protrude" out)?

There may be an option to move to another cabin that has since opened up, though we are beyond final payment so perhaps that is not an option. (Anyone know the answer to that?)

If it was the very last cabin available and I wanted the YC and could only go on that date, then I would book it too.

However, when doing mock bookings those forward cabins seem to be the last to go.

I would be interested in knowing how the balcony is also.

• 3 weeks later...
We booked 18001 as it was the last YC cabin available. It is all the way to the front.

I'm wondering if the forward looking views will be blocked by the navigation deck? Or perhaps the dining room (see deck plans where the balconies do not seem to "protrude" out)?

There may be an option to move to another cabin that has since opened up, though we are beyond final payment so perhaps that is not an option. (Anyone know the answer to that?)

I’m wondering the same thing as we are booked there too ... hoping someone will respond

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The reviews on 18001 have been mixed. It would be wise to hold that reservation and then switch to a side balcony YC when it comes available...which it will.

BW...we love the forward view over the bow and do not care about the balcony. There are plenty of places to go outside in the YC. Love love love sitting by the bar up at the One Pool.

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen the video for 18001and also saw how he took video of people coming down a staircase on the outside from deck 19. The entrance to the YC restaurant seems to be outside 18002. Are these two cabins noisy and are others able to see you sitting on your balcony in your robe with your coffee in the AM?

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, CUontheC said:

I wish someone would respond to this.  We are in 18002 in 2020. 

We loved 18002. The cabin was really quiet and the balcony fits a lounger in place of a chair. I had a leg injury that I need to elevate my leg. I so wanted to sit outside on the balcony and I asked for a lounger. Though the area was small we managed with the lounger, chair and table. The only noise we ever heard was one night when there was a workman in the room next door and when I peeked out they apologized for the noise. I told them I was just checking to see if all was ok. They finished up and all was dead silence again. Yes, you can see the Bridge but you have to lean over to see someone - in other words they cannot see you.

We walked down the hall to the main corridor door on our right, when you go through this door you turn right to the YC restaurant. We could also take the stairs down to the lounge on Deck 16. Turning left from once in the corridor took us to the elevator on the right to go to the pool area. On Deck 16 is the concierge desk, you can arrange for your Butler to take you to the show (I advise you let the concierge know some time that day). 

There is a room next to 18002 for "cabin things" but when cabins were cleaned we never heard anything as we were always out. There are two closets with drawers and my DH and I each took one. I loved the bathroom. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. We loved 18002 and we would stay in this cabin again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

We loved 18002. The cabin was really quiet and the balcony fits a lounger in place of a chair. I had a leg injury that I need to elevate my leg. I so wanted to sit outside on the balcony and I asked for a lounger. Though the area was small we managed with the lounger, chair and table. The only noise we ever heard was one night when there was a workman in the room next door and when I peeked out they apologized for the noise. I told them I was just checking to see if all was ok. They finished up and all was dead silence again. Yes, you can see the Bridge but you have to lean over to see someone - in other words they cannot see you.

We walked down the hall to the main corridor door on our right, when you go through this door you turn right to the YC restaurant. We could also take the stairs down to the lounge on Deck 16. Turning left from once in the corridor took us to the elevator on the right to go to the pool area. On Deck 16 is the concierge desk, you can arrange for your Butler to take you to the show (I advise you let the concierge know some time that day). 

There is a room next to 18002 for "cabin things" but when cabins were cleaned we never heard anything as we were always out. There are two closets with drawers and my DH and I each took one. I loved the bathroom. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. We loved 18002 and we would stay in this cabin again.

Wow thank you so much for the wonderful info.  Is there stairs right by the cabin to go up or down to deck 16 or 19?  I have had 6 back surgeries....three last year and I could probably do one set of steps.  I would rather not have to go down the hall to get to them or to the elevators.

1 minute ago, CUontheC said:

Wow thank you so much for the wonderful info.  Is there stairs right by the cabin to go up or down to deck 16 or 19?  I have had 6 back surgeries....three last year and I could probably do one set of steps.  I would rather not have to go down the hall to get to them or to the elevators.

Unfortunately you are the first cabin forward so though the walk is not bad to the dining room, I had to take the elevator back up from the lounge sometimes.  It is only one set of steps and then a small turn on a landing and about two steps (guessing the number) from 16 to 18 and the reverse 18 to 16. Easy going down for me but sometimes my leg screamed noooo in the coming back up and I took the elevator. The steps are right outside the hallway door. The elevator is just a tad further down the corridor turn left when you come out instead of right to the dining room. The walk is not bad a long one.

Just now, Linda the Book Lover said:

Unfortunately you are the first cabin forward so though the walk is not bad to the dining room, I had to take the elevator back up from the lounge sometimes.  It is only one set of steps and then a small turn on a landing and about two steps (guessing the number) from 16 to 18 and the reverse 18 to 16. Easy going down for me but sometimes my leg screamed noooo in the coming back up and I took the elevator. The steps are right outside the hallway door. The elevator is just a tad further down the corridor turn left when you come out instead of right to the dining room. The walk is not bad a long one.

Ok that doesn't sound bad at all.  I saw a cabin open up on the 16th floor so I was thinking about changing.  Maybe I will stay right where I am.  I appreciate you help!!

Mary