All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

No one is posting on my December 24th roll call anymore. I'm wondering if everyone had cancelled their cruise.

Renee

Have you checked Royal's website to see how many people are signed up for the Meet and Mingle.? Mine dropped from 16 to 12 last month.

Thank you so much for this information. I am starting to visualize the lay of the land. I am thinking we may stay at the Sheraton near the cruise port, I believe it is next to the convention center. It is super expensive for us but it seems like it might be the most convenient to the ship and also to get into old San Juan if we decide to tour the day before our cruise.

We use to always stay at the Sheraton old San Juan when we went to Puerto Rico for a cruise. Now we stay at the Sheraton convention center. Much nicer with a fantastic pool area.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Also, just to contribute to the experience so far, our friend’s reservation at the Comfort Inn Condado was cancelled for 1/20. Our Allegiant flight was cancelled so we decided to just book flight through RC on the sail date and not take a chance with hotels or further flight cancellations. We had planned on staying at the Holiday Inn Express but were told they were booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also, just to contribute to the experience so far, our friend’s reservation at the Comfort Inn Condado was cancelled for 1/20. Our Allegiant flight was cancelled so we decided to just book flight through RC on the sail date and not take a chance with hotels or further flight cancellations. We had planned on staying at the Holiday Inn Express but were told they were booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked airline through Royal also because they guarantee that you won’t miss the ships departure. My wife and I are on the 1/21 Jewel cruise also:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Jewel has been back in San Juan and made a couple of cruises. I haven't read any reports or reviews. Have any of you?

Looks like her current position (didn't check how old) has her heading into St Thomas. Another think I'd like to hear about.

Jewel has been back in San Juan and made a couple of cruises. I haven't read any reports or reviews. Have any of you?

Looks like her current position (didn't check how old) has her heading into St Thomas. Another think I'd like to hear about.

Jewel just returned to San Juan from Europe yesterday, Nov 19th.

Jewel just returned to San Juan from Europe yesterday, Nov 19th.

I guess I'm in a time warp watching her on marinetraffic coming back from Europe. Maybe I was thinking of Adventure. I'll watch for those reports.

I was on her again in 2014 and I think at that time she was the only Radiance class ship that still have the Seaview Cafe in the back of the ship. I think she has been revitalized since then and that is gone? I haven't looked at the deck maps to see what is there now. This was also the last ship I was on that had CRT televisions. Have those been replaced? I like the ships position/course channel and its hard to see on those old TVs.

Here is to the next 270 days of waiting.

I am investigating another Jewel cruise, but I see for '19 they are dropping the ABC's from the itinerary..

I enjoyed the Seaview.. it was an awesome lunch/snack spot and the food was very good... hoping to find a list/review of the updates from the refurbishment/drydock

centrum-small.jpg.4b52ff2d7e365358eba3573703a4aaa0.jpg

I am investigating another Jewel cruise, but I see for '19 they are dropping the ABC's from the itinerary..

I enjoyed the Seaview.. it was an awesome lunch/snack spot and the food was very good... hoping to find a list/review of the updates from the refurbishment/drydock

Yep. Doing a B2B on the Freedom instead of the Jewel. We'd rather sail on the Jewel but like Freedoms itineraries better for 2019.

Yep. Doing a B2B on the Freedom instead of the Jewel. We'd rather sail on the Jewel but like Freedoms itineraries better for 2019.

They are swapping out ports back to back, but only 2 or 3 ,, of course the stop .. again.. at St Thomas,.. which frankly, as nice as it is, so many of us do not need to stop there when there are so many other ports of call in the area.. Iive in Maine.. so I am also looking at the Anthem and the Breakaway from NYC as well as poking at a transatlantic on the QM2 to UK , then a return on the QV to FLL... lots of options.. 2 of the three NYC cruises means no flights.. and that is way attractive... it will all come to ahead next year at this time as it is clear that for the time I want to sail, the best value will be a last minute deal despite the cruiselines insistence that I book early... but then I have that flexibility.

They are swapping out ports back to back, but only 2 or 3 ,, of course the stop .. again.. at St Thomas,.. which frankly, as nice as it is, so many of us do not need to stop there when there are so many other ports of call in the area.. Iive in Maine.. so I am also looking at the Anthem and the Breakaway from NYC as well as poking at a transatlantic on the QM2 to UK , then a return on the QV to FLL... lots of options.. 2 of the three NYC cruises means no flights.. and that is way attractive... it will all come to ahead next year at this time as it is clear that for the time I want to sail, the best value will be a last minute deal despite the cruiselines insistence that I book early... but then I have that flexibility.

Unless I misunderstand what you are saying (highlighted in red) you are totally incorrect. At least not for the B2B we are doing on the Freedom. Anyway the only reason I mentioned it was our B2B cruise on the Freedom is doing the ABC islands and I thought you were looking for a cruise that did the ABC islands and because the Jewel wasn't. We had another great B2B cruise on the Jewel this past April, but no ABC stops.

Edited by davekathy

Agree with this to some degree, also love the Jewel haven't sailed Freedom class yet so am waiting to decide on 19 if Freedom B2B vs Jewel B2b vs Anthem 12N only because I really like Quantum class ships.

Agree with this to some degree, also love the Jewel haven't sailed Freedom class yet so am waiting to decide on 19 if Freedom B2B vs Jewel B2b vs Anthem 12N only because I really like Quantum class ships.

The only reason I said the itineraries on the Freedom are better for 2019 then the Jewel's for 2019 is we've never been to Bonaire. Really poor wording on my part. You can't go wrong with either itineraries. At least IMO. We did a B2B cruise on the Jewel this past April and wanted something a little different from that for 2019. The Jewel is our Favorite RC ship and prefer the Radiance class over the Freedom class.