Celebrity latest drydock/makeover schedule

hodok

Does anyone have the latest schedule? I couldn't find any and tried to compile one myself. Please feel free to correct/comment.

Name………...Built……..Drydock/refurb

Century – 1995 – Apr 2006 $55 mil

Mercury – 1997 – Apr 2007

Millenium – 2000 – May 2009 $10 mil

Infiniti – 2001 – Dec 2008

Summit – 2001 – Apr 2008

Constellation –2002 – Apr 2010

Xpedition – 2001 - 2004

Solstice – 2008

Equinox – 2009

Eclipse – (2010)

Does anyone have the latest schedule? I couldn't find any and tried to compile one myself. Please feel free to correct/comment.

Name………...Built……..Drydock/refurb

Infiniti – 2001 – Dec 2008

Summit – 2001 – Apr 2008

Constellation –2002 – Apr 2010

Xpedition – 2001 - 2004

Solstice – 2008

Equinox – 2009

Eclipse – (2010)

There is no schedule, anything you hear will only be rumor and subject to change. Celebrity does not announce their drydocks prior to the ship going into drydock, They usually issue a press release when it is coming out of drydock. Often, posters will guess at a drydock date however often the date is usually filled by a chartered cruise.

Are you saying that it is definite that Constellation is going into Dry Dock in April 2010? Not very happy as we are going on her in Feb 2010. I asked at Celebrity when I booked whether she was due for refurb and told that she was not as had been in a couple of times previously and nothing major scheduled until at least 2012

Are you saying that it is definite that Constellation is going into Dry Dock in April 2010? Not very happy as we are going on her in Feb 2010. I asked at Celebrity when I booked whether she was due for refurb and told that she was not as had been in a couple of times previously and nothing major scheduled until at least 2012

Hi,:) there has been no mention, press release, or anything else

about an April 2010 Drydock.

I think the original poster is just guessing (from re-reading the first post).

You can look on the Celebrity website for the first 4 months

of 2010 and if there are no blank weeks for Constellation that would

indicate she is not going into any kind of drydock.

I don't think you have reason to be unhappy...she is a lovely ship:)

This is a year old press release about Summit while she was in Hamburg:

MIAMI – April 28, 2008 – For many homeowners, “spring cleaning” can be an overwhelming chore. But just imagine if the effort involved replacing 2,707 square feet of tile, 9,843 square feet of carpeting, and 2,500 yards of fabric.

Within just 17 days, Celebrity completed all that and more on Celebrity Summit during the ship’s scheduled drydock period from April 11-27 at Blohm + Voss in Hamburg, Germany. The ship resumes its European season tomorrow, complete with a new 11,000-kilowatt diesel genset (dedicated electrical generation system), which reduces fuel consumption by generating electricity for the ship while in port.

Additionally, dance enthusiasts will find an entirely new floor in the ship’s Rendezvous Lounge, shoppers can enjoy a completely renovated boutique gift shop area, and guests with attention to detail will notice freshly-varnished wood railings and newly-polished surfaces throughout the ship.

Constellation is heading for Hamburg Germany with a Transatlantic sailing that ends on April 24th. 2010. She will emerge from dry dock for a sailing in Amsterdam May 9th.

Arno, ....that Press Release was about SUMMIT from over a year

ago. April 2008?

You have a NEW press release for Constellation?

Arno, ....that Press Release was about SUMMIT from over a year

ago. April 2008?

OK Lois, must have been an early weekend oversight but I stated:

This is a year old press release about Summit while she was in Hamburg:
Since Constellation is going to the same dry dock in Hamburg for a similar amount of time, I'm just speculating that the same type of press release will arrive after the upgrade takes place. I'm also guessing it will be similar to the Millennium upgrade this year.

Hi Arno:)..not a problem. I was just wondering is all....I am not

right very often;) but there has not been a new press release

for Constellation, correct?

After looking at the Cruise Calender on the X website, I see no

openings for a drydock.

I was just trying to reply to the concerned poster's reply.

You sail Constellation ALOT...you could probably ease her mind:)

Hi Arno:)..not a problem. I was just wondering is all....I am not

right very often;) but there has not been a new press release

for Constellation, correct?

After looking at the Cruise Calender on the X website, I see no

openings for a drydock.

I was just trying to reply to the concerned poster's reply.

You sail Constellation ALOT...you could probably ease her mind:)

Hi Lois,

Connie does have a three week hole in her schedule but I am not totally convinced that it is for a drydock. It probably will but the way they operate and their rumor mill, who knows...

Hi Lois,

Connie does have a three week hole in her schedule but I am not totally convinced that it is for a drydock. It probably will but the way they operate and their rumor mill, who knows...

Oh Don, ..3 week hole? That is for late spring 2010? Guess I didn't

look at the calender close enough. Oh well.

Hi Lois,

But there is no reason to sail to Hamburg other than a "makeover". The transatlantic is on sale for a fantastic price probably because there is no option to cruise a B2B...

Sun, Apr 11

Miami, Florida Depart 5:00 PM

Mon, Apr 12

At Sea

Tue, Apr 13

At Sea

Wed, Apr 14

At Sea

Thu, Apr 15

At Sea

Fri, Apr 16

At Sea

Sat, Apr 17

At Sea

Sun, Apr 18

At Sea

Mon, Apr 19

At Sea

Tue, Apr 20

Paris (Le Havre), France Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 9:00 PM

Wed, Apr 21

Dover, England Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM

Thu, Apr 22

Amsterdam(Rotterdam),Holland Docked Arrive 8:00 AM Depart 5:00 PM

Fri, Apr 23

At Sea

Sat, Apr 24

Hamburg, Germany Arrive 5:00 AM

....THE HOLE...

Sun, May 09

Amsterdam, Holland Depart 4:30 PM

Mon, May 10

At Sea

Tue, May 11

Oslo, Norway Docked Arrive 8:00 AM Depart 5:00 PM

Wed, May 12

Stavanger, Norway Docked Arrive 9:00 AM Depart 5:00 PM

Thu, May 13

Alesund, Norway Docked Arrive 9:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM

Fri, May 14

Bergen, Norway Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 5:00 PM

Sat, May 15

At Sea

Sun, May 16

Amsterdam, Holland Arrive 5:00 AM

Since it seems to take about 2 days to cruise from Hamburg to Amsterdam, it seems there is only a 2 week "hole".

But there is no reason to sail to Hamburg other than a "makeover". The transatlantic is on sale for a fantastic price probably because there is no option to cruise a B2B...

Sun, Apr 11

Miami, Florida Depart 5:00 PM

Mon, Apr 12

At Sea

Tue, Apr 13

At Sea

Wed, Apr 14

At Sea

Thu, Apr 15

At Sea

Fri, Apr 16

At Sea

Sat, Apr 17

At Sea

Sun, Apr 18

At Sea

Mon, Apr 19

At Sea

Tue, Apr 20

Paris (Le Havre), France Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 9:00 PM

Wed, Apr 21

Dover, England Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM

Thu, Apr 22

Amsterdam(Rotterdam),Holland Docked Arrive 8:00 AM Depart 5:00 PM

Fri, Apr 23

At Sea

Sat, Apr 24

Hamburg, Germany Arrive 5:00 AM

....THE HOLE...

Sun, May 09

Amsterdam, Holland Depart 4:30 PM

Mon, May 10

At Sea

Tue, May 11

Oslo, Norway Docked Arrive 8:00 AM Depart 5:00 PM

Wed, May 12

Stavanger, Norway Docked Arrive 9:00 AM Depart 5:00 PM

Thu, May 13

Alesund, Norway Docked Arrive 9:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM

Fri, May 14

Bergen, Norway Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 5:00 PM

Sat, May 15

At Sea

Sun, May 16

Amsterdam, Holland Arrive 5:00 AM

Since it seems to take about 2 days to cruise from Hamburg to Amsterdam, it seems there is only a 2 week "hole".

As I said, it probably will but with Celebrity's rumor mill I don't discount anything. REmember how much Century was supposed to be stretched...

Constellation is heading for Hamburg Germany with a Transatlantic sailing that ends on April 24th. 2010. She will emerge from dry dock for a sailing in Amsterdam May 9th.

Yes, this is correct. Connie will be in drydock for refurbishing after that transatlantic crossing. This has been confirmed by a family member who is high up on the Celebrity managment food chain. It is not a rumor.

Mary

This has been confirmed by a family member who is high up on the Celebrity managment food chain. It is not a rumor.

Hi Mary:

Do you think they can share a few crumbs of information?

It was obvious to me that a ship has to have a reason go to Hamburg when no departure was scheduled from that port. I speculated that similar "stuff" would happen that has occurred there in the past with other X vessels.

We would love to know what the dry dock would entail. (other than getting rid of those green sofas..

Greensofa.jpg

Hi Mary:

Do you think they can share a few crumbs of information?

All I was told was that a new engine and generator will be installed, this to meet new environmental restrictions many ports are establishing to minimize the amount of exhaust gasses that are produced while the ship is docked during which only minimal power generation is neccesary. This will eventually affect all cruise ships that dock anywhere in the US, and many European ports. There will most likely be refurbishing of the interior areas at the same time, but no mention was made of what.

Actually, my source isn't a family member, but someone close to the family. I wasn't able to correct that misinformation before the allowable time for editing my message expired. He is involved with managing the fleet's mechanical health, which is why he didn't mention any cosmetic work being done.

I also would like to know as I am doing another Baltic cruise on the Connie next summer.

Mary

Well, after reading your great posts and re-reading X's press releases, I finally figured that the ships do go to drydocks every 2-3 years mostly for mechanical fixes and upgrades. Some cosmetic work is done at the time of drydocks, but it is really a year-round effort. Keeping track of all drydocks seems like a futile effort. Thus, if I remove Infinity's 2008 drydock and rename the list Celebrity Major Makeover Schedule, it should look like this:

Name………...Built……..Major Refurb

Infiniti – 2001

Summit – 2001 – Apr 2008

Constellation –2002 – Apr 2010 (rumored)

Xpedition – 2001 - 2004

Solstice – 2008

Equinox – 2009

Eclipse – (2010)

All based on official Celebrity's press releases except Constellation. Am I missing anything?

:confused: So is the Infinity, now in a good or bad shape because it wasn´t in dry dock? Or did it get same "sea" refurbishing? Im wondering because we will cruise with the infinity in january in south america

We were on the last sailing of the Galaxy in March before it was leased to a German company. Does anyone have any information or pictures after the transformation?

Check here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3230

http://izismile.com/2009/05/22/the_presentation_of_the_cruise_ship_mein_schiff_28_pics.html

Archived