Best Beach St. Martin/ St. Maarten

aceparty

Looking for opinions on the best beach on the island. Maho ? Orient ? any other?

I read Orient got messed up from hurricane. I have been to Orient about 15 years ago. We are going in Jan 2019 so I would think it should be fine by then.

Looking for opinions on the best beach on the island. Maho ? Orient ? any other?

I read Orient got messed up from hurricane. I have been to Orient about 15 years ago. We are going in Jan 2019 so I would think it should be fine by then.

Maho is only the best Beach for plane spotting. If you are not interested in seeing the landings and take offs, choose another beach.

Mullet Bay near Maho is a very fine beach.

We often just stop at Maho to see a plane, but spend most of the time at Mullet.

Also Orient Club beach at Orient Bay is nice.

If we don't feel like driving we just spend time at Great Bay near port.

Mullet Bay near Maho is a very fine beach.

We often just stop at Maho to see a plane, but spend most of the time at Mullet.

Also Orient Club beach at Orient Bay is nice.

If we don't feel like driving we just spend time at Great Bay near port.

Always a good option! :D

Orient!!! (y)

When and where we went on Orient was the nudist area, We are fine with that, but my girlfriends sister will be with us. Might be weird. I did see that most of the area is European-style, clothing optional beachs in which topless would be ok .

When and where we went on Orient was the nudist area, We are fine with that, but my girlfriends sister will be with us. Might be weird. I did see that most of the area is European-style, clothing optional beachs in which topless would be ok .

Take a look at Karakter beach bar on Simpson Bay beach. I have seen toppless women sunbathing on their chairs but never walking around without their tops on.

http://www.karakterbeach.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a video of Orient Beach:

Here's a video of Pinel Island, but you have to take a ferry to Pinel Island (It was $12pp round trip). Just ask a taxi to take you to the Pinel Island Ferry from the cruise terminal, but make sure you arrange for the taxi to pick you up at a specific time as there are not a lot of taxis around when you return. Give yourself plenty of time. The beach is very nice and there is a trail to walk around the island with snorkeling at an additional cost (not sure of price, though).

Is it recommended to get to Maho early and spend the day there, or could I go to another beach for half a day and then visit Maho around noon. Maybe even find a spot to put a towel down in the sand.

Basically, I see a couple of beach tours that offer 2 hours at Orient and 2 hours at Maho. Would be my first time at both.

The best time at Maho is in the early afternoon. That is when the big planes arrive and depart, although the numbers are significantly down from before the hurricane. You could easily combine another beach with Maho. I would recommend Mullet Bay, which is right next door. Also, when you do put your towel down, make sure you are not in the jet wash for any departing planes or your towel will end up in the ocean.