Port arrival time for Vista w FTTF???

crazyboutdisney

Having a hard time getting an answer to my question so hopefully someone can help :)

We are sailing on the Vista in January and have FTTF, which we have never had before. We have also never experienced the staggered check in. I am seeing alot of post on fb about crazy lines at the port of Miami, which I am guessing is due to the new check in policy??

So with FTTF, what time should we plan on arriving at the port? Anyone experience this yet??

The earliest check in time is 11AM so I'm guessing they won't let people in much before that. But I have done staggered check in at Miami and there were no lines.

I also saw on the other site that a girl who is sailing on the Vista today posted live and the really long line was for people who arrived before their check in time. They were in the line that said "Next Check In Window" or something to that effect. The ones that were there at the correct time were in a different line that said "Current Check In Window" and it was moving quickly.

Edited by firemanbobswife

The earliest check in time is 11AM so I'm guessing they won't let people in much before that. But I have done staggered check in at Miami and there were no lines.

I also saw on the other site that a girl who is sailing on the Vista today posted live and the really long line was for people who arrived before their check in time. They were in the line that said "Next Check In Window" or something to that effect. The ones that were there at the correct time were in a different line that said "Current Check In Window" and it was moving quickly.

Ok well that makes sense. I was so confused as to why all those people were standing around. So regardless of the fact that carnival tells people not to come before their arrival time, they still do. Now they just stand outside??

Ok well that makes sense. I was so confused as to why all those people were standing around. So regardless of the fact that carnival tells people not to come before their arrival time, they still do. Now they just stand outside??

Yep. Some might not know how staggered check in works, or others may think they will let them in anyway just like before. But they do enforce it and if they get there early, they wait outside.

Having a hard time getting an answer to my question so hopefully someone can help :)

We are sailing on the Vista in January and have FTTF, which we have never had before. We have also never experienced the staggered check in. I am seeing alot of post on fb about crazy lines at the port of Miami, which I am guessing is due to the new check in policy??

So with FTTF, what time should we plan on arriving at the port? Anyone experience this yet??

Whenever you want.

With FTTF, you can check in anytime you want. You still need to choose a time but you do not need to adhere to that time. Same with Diamond and Platinum. Suites too, I believe.

We are sailing out of Miami in February. We are Platinum and, though we selected the 10:00-10:30 check-in window, we'll be showing up at the port around 9:00, our usual time. :D

If you have FTTF, it doesn't matter what your check-in time is. However, if you check in at 10:00 a.m., and boarding doesn't start until 11:00 (for example), you'll get kind of fidgety sitting in the terminal for an hour.

If you have FTTF, it doesn't matter what your check-in time is. However, if you check in at 10:00 a.m., and boarding doesn't start until 11:00 (for example), you'll get kind of fidgety sitting in the terminal for an hour.

Yes but with staggered check in you'll be waiting outside until they start letting people in at 11. You don't get in the terminal until the first check in slot. It's not like the old days.

With FTTF, you can check in anytime you want. You still need to choose a time but you do not need to adhere to that time. Same with Diamond and Platinum. Suites too, I believe.

We are sailing out of Miami in February. We are Platinum and, though we selected the 10:00-10:30 check-in window, we'll be showing up at the port around 9:00, our usual time. :D

Just be prepared to wait outside until 10AM. They don't open the doors until then. It is enforced.

We have FTTF on our Dec sailing and our check in window is 10:00 as well. If you show up at 9:00 are you going to be able to get on the ship or will you be sitting there for awhile? I thought they didn't start boarding most of the time until 11 ish.

We have FTTF on our Dec sailing and our check in window is 10:00 as well. If you show up at 9:00 are you going to be able to get on the ship or will you be sitting there for awhile? I thought they didn't start boarding most of the time until 11 ish.

You will be waiting outside until 10AM. At that point they begin letting people in the terminal. Then boarding proceeds as usual at whatever time the ship is ready.

There should be a link in your on-line cruise documents to select port arrival time. You do need to select that. FTTF only works for boarding ship. so even if the earliest time left on your cruise is 1PM, once you enter you head straight for the FTTF/Diamond/Platinum check counter and then proceed right on board.

People are confusing the port arrival time/ check in time with ship boarding. IN the pre- staggered check-in days, you did need to get to the port as early as you could so that you wouldn't be standing in a long line to check in and then get a high boarding pass number. If you are there before they start boarding the ship (usually between 11:30 and noon) you have to wait anyway.

There should be a link in your on-line cruise documents to select port arrival time. You do need to select that. FTTF only works for boarding ship. so even if the earliest time left on your cruise is 1PM, once you enter you head straight for the FTTF/Diamond/Platinum check counter and then proceed right on board.

People are confusing the port arrival time/ check in time with ship boarding. IN the pre- staggered check-in days, you did need to get to the port as early as you could so that you wouldn't be standing in a long line to check in and then get a high boarding pass number. If you are there before they start boarding the ship (usually between 11:30 and noon) you have to wait anyway.

FTTF does not have to follow the check in time on their boarding pass. They can arrive at any time including the earliest check in slot.

We never get fidgety waiting in the port building. We've arrived so early at different ports that we've had security turn the xray machines on for us, we've befriended port employees and fellow early-birds. Waiting in a port building is so much better than waiting in a hotel room.

Check-in time and boarding time are very different. Check-in time is when people are allowed into the port building. Boarding starts when the ship is cleared, which can be a couple of hours later.

Yes but with staggered check in you'll be waiting outside until they start letting people in at 11. You don't get in the terminal until the first check in slot. It's not like the old days.

If you have FTTF, the check-in time becomes irrelevant. FTTF moves you up to priority status, along with Platinum and Diamond. ;)

We never get fidgety waiting in the port building. We've arrived so early at different ports that we've had security turn the xray machines on for us, we've befriended port employees and fellow early-birds. Waiting in a port building is so much better than waiting in a hotel room.

Depends on what type of hotel you're staying in. IMO