Forward Bar on Regal Princess??

Yunqi

Based on my research, it doesn't appear as if there is a bar/lounge at the front of the ship on the Regal Princess. However, pictures seem to indicate something up on the top deck or deck just below that looks like a lounge.

I enjoy sitting in the lounge at the front of the ship on sail away and as we enter port. The buffet is fine too.

Is there a place, in doors, I can sit at the front of the ship with windows looking at where we are heading?

There is no forward bar or lounge anywhere on the Regal Princess. You can view sail-a-ways from the Horizon Terrace/Outrigger Bar on deck 16 aft. This is a covered outdoor area. You can also watch along the sides of the main lido pool where there are tables and chairs along the windows and more comfortable cushioned wicker chairs a little ways away from the windows. There is a bar at the Retreat Pool, but there isn't any cover by the windows. There are lounge chairs around the pool.

There is no forward bar or lounge anywhere on the Regal Princess. You can view sail-a-ways from the Horizon Terrace/Outrigger Bar on deck 16 aft. This is a covered outdoor area. You can also watch along the sides of the main lido pool where there are tables and chairs along the windows and more comfortable cushioned wicker chairs a little ways away from the windows. There is a bar at the Retreat Pool, but there isn't any cover by the windows. There are lounge chairs around the pool.

The above are wonderful spots to hang out, esp upon leaving ports. Lots of room to explore. Covered area outside Buffet is a great meal spot as well. Usually not very crowded and bar attendants close by. ;)

Thanks for your responses. I guess I will be hanging out on deck when we arrive in St. Thomas. Perhaps the Horizon Court when we depart.

The last ship I was on was the NCL Spirit. It is an older/smaller ship, but did have a nice lounge at the front of the ship.

Sailing into St. Thomas was very nice. Most beautiful place in the world, as far as I am concerned.

To be honest, I am a bit disappointed that the Regal Princess doesn't have a lounge or buffet in the front of the ship. That's one of the best parts of the trip - sitting in the lounge/buffet and seeing where we are going.

NCL Spirit had a lounge and the NCL Epic had the buffet at the front of the ship.

Either way, I'm looking forward to sailing on "The Love Boat" and am sure it will be fun.

I hope the activities people do origami.

You have hit upon one of my "rants" about many Princess ships. They do not have a bar with a forward view. In fact, on the Royal Class ships its hard to find a bar with any kind of view.

Hank

I agree. The Crows Nest on the HAL ships is always our favorite place to be!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. The Crows Nest on the HAL ships is always our favorite place to be!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You may or may not be aware that HAL is in the process of changing their Crow's Nests to something that will be much less of a Crows Nest. I guess we will soon see HAL posts about, "we remember when the Crows Nest was a nice place to relax."

Hank

You may or may not be aware that HAL is in the process of changing their Crow's Nests to something that will be much less of a Crows Nest. I guess we will soon see HAL posts about, "we remember when the Crows Nest was a nice place to relax."

Hank

Interesting because P&O’s Britannia a sister ship to Royal and Regal, has got a forward facing lounge called ‘The Crows Nest’ a very nice space. It is directly below the Retreat.

All P&O ships have them apart from the 2 Princess Grand class ships and the ex Ocean Princess now sailing as Oceana.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 6 years later...