"Free" Specialty Dining from TA

Our TA gave us a "free" specialty dining for two with our reservation. Well, that's great. However, we're sailing with our 2 children so, in order to use it, we would have to spend exactly what we would be saving. Since we are completely okay with eating at the free venues, this really doesn't appeal to us. The TA said there is no other perk that she can offer other than the specialty dining so we're stuck with a perk we do not plan on using. My question is, is there a way to gift the perk to another guest on the cruise? I hate to waste the reservation but I see no reason to spend money in order to save money. I really wish she could give us something else we would actually use.

If your kids are under 13, they offer discounted prices for them in the specialty restaurants. You will not see these prices in the cruise planner. If you make the reservation for the night/restaurant that you want in the cruise planer, do it for just the 2 adults. Then when you get on the boat ask to modify the reservation to add the 2 kids and you will get the discounted price (if they are under 13). I think under 5 they are free.

Or as the other person said, let the kids eat with the kids club one night and enjoy a free upgraded dinner.

If you truly want to give it away, you might be able to do that once on board. I would just go talk to the host at the restaurants the other couple wants to go to and see what they can do for you.

Thank you for the suggestion. However, my kids have no interest in participating in the kids club and wouldn't like to eat off a kids menu. When going on a family vacation, we enjoy being with each other and not splitting up. Does anyone know if there is a way to gift the perk?

Our TA gave us a "free" specialty dining for two with our reservation. Well, that's great. However, we're sailing with our 2 children so, in order to use it, we would have to spend exactly what we would be saving. Since we are completely okay with eating at the free venues, this really doesn't appeal to us. The TA said there is no other perk that she can offer other than the specialty dining so we're stuck with a perk we do not plan on using. My question is, is there a way to gift the perk to another guest on the cruise? I hate to waste the reservation but I see no reason to spend money in order to save money. I really wish she could give us something else we would actually use.

I would take advantage of the free dinners. The kids is only $10 per and not a lot of $.

I don’t know if it will work, but I have an idea for you...

If it’s the same kind my TA gives, even though it isn’t just an OBC the way others get (though you should check for this), it does become a “credit” if you use it in an a la cart restaurant like Izumi or Sabor. So if the four of you went to an a la cart place and used the credit, I think they would essentially give you $70-ish toward your bill. If you chose to use it at lunch time, that would likely be more than enough for the four of you.

Check with the specialty dining people to make sure before you try this.

Also, regarding the gifting, when I use those credits they take my info at the beginning, but then scan my card at the end. So even if you gave the credit to someone, you’d probably have to be there at the end for them to reconcile with your card. I think it would be pretty messy.

Brooke sent this from her iPad using Tapatalk

My kids are off the adult menu and paid the kids fee. Just so u know

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I heard about this happening at the discretion of the ship and staff, I wish it was written in their policy! I have a few kids that would order off the menu and I have a few “big eaters” that would order off the adult menu and I would want to know exactly what they will charge so I can plan. Maybe someone knows if I buy the 4 meals for $90 per person if they charge me the adult rate would I get that price or the price on the ship at the time of our sailing?