12 nights on Anthem or 11 on Serenade.

NOSaints1

Anthem has all the bells and Whistles but is around 400 more than an interior on serenade, the serenade goes to the ABC islands along with St. Lucia and St. John’s Antigua.

Anthem goes to SAN Juan, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados St. John’s Antigua and St. Kitts.

Anthem would be cheaper for us to fly to out of buffalo than FL we’ve been to all the islands that Anthem goes to except St Johns where as serenade we haven’t been to the ABC islands. How is the serenade as a ship for dining, entertainment, overall appearance of the ship.

So that being said with cost the extra day and sea days on Anthem would you go for the Anthem or the serenade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anthem has all the bells and Whistles but is around 400 more than an interior on serenade, the serenade goes to the ABC islands along with St. Lucia and St. John’s Antigua.

Anthem goes to SAN Juan, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados St. John’s Antigua and St. Kitts.

Anthem would be cheaper for us to fly to out of buffalo than FL we’ve been to all the islands that Anthem goes to except St Johns where as serenade we haven’t been to the ABC islands. How is the serenade as a ship for dining, entertainment, overall appearance of the ship.

So that being said with cost the extra day and sea days on Anthem would you go for the Anthem or the serenade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What dates are you looking at?

We have done both 11 night Serenade and 12 night Anthem, slightly different itinerary. Serenade is a more traditional cruise ship with lots of windows. Anthem is a much newer design that will blow you away., but does have a feeling of sailing in a shopping mall.

I would choose the Anthem, the night life is way better and there are so many things to do.

We found Athem more appealing. Bigger ship and more entertainment .

Didn't care much for Serenade , contrary to popular opinion on this site . Will never book another cruise on it.

We like the big ships , as we found out after trying several categories that RC offers.

Like Anthem for a couple of things already mentioned but really like the Radiance class ships. Have relative both in NYC area and Ft Lauderdale so I would tend to agree with Bob.

Ps the first and last couple of days can be chilly out of Cape Liberty no matter when, significantly less chance of 'lost' day in FL

We done three 12 night cruises on Anthem and sailed at least 10 on Radiance class ships which were mostly longer repositioning cruises of 12 to 16 nights. I really liked the Radiance class ships but the Quantum class is the much nicer ships with larger better laid out cabins and balconies. Also the Anthem offers so many more shows and activities, nicer lounges and restaurants.

We regularly drive down to Bayonne to get to our cruises out of Cape Liberty. It a nice easy scenic ride down and back taking the southern NY I-390 turnpike east to Binghamton, south on I-81 to Scranton, I-380 and I-80 to the Newark area. IMO it takes not much more time than flying from BUF to EWR airports when you take into account the time it takes getting to the airport two hours prior, parking, air time and the wait for your luggage and transfers after the flight.

For a total of just over $200US, including taxes and fees, you can get a room for up to 4 guests the night prior, transfers to/from Cape Liberty and parking for up to 3 weeks at the Ramada Plaza Newark airport when booked through https://trinityreservations.com/index.php

Edited by robtulipe