Flight time help port to lax HELP

lightsleeper

We just got off the Crown Princess on Saturday, 10-17. We had a 1:05 PM flight out of LAX. We were in the first walk off group. Disembarkation was held up only 15 minutes. We processed smoothly through immigration and were at the curb at 9:15 AM for our town car pick-up. Traffic was light and we were at our terminal at LAX at 10AM. Processing thru security was smooth as we are "TSA pre approved." Given that all went quickly and smoothly, WE WOULD NOT HAVE MADE A 10:50 FLIGHT. Take the later flight.....

Judith

I am the local here who usually has the most optimistic view on getting to LAX for a flight...and I wouldn't book one for 10:50 in the morning!

Most of what can go wrong is at the port itself...disembarkation/customs, etc. isn't always smooth...

And LAX recommends arrival two hours before flight time...I, personally, think, from my vast experience, that two hours is overkill...I am usually from the curb to the gate in WAY less than that...But, still, I wouldn't risk getting there less than an hour before the flight...

IOW, you MIGHT self-disembark, pre-check-in to the flight over the net, take only carry-on luggage, etc. and have a decent chance of making it...but you'd also have a far too great a chance of NOT making it...

Book the later flight, bring a book, some puzzles, an iPad, whatever keeps you occupied...and sit back and relax...

Steve is correct.... there are way too many variables that can happen. Last year when disembarking from the Grand Princess the Security dogs (K-9) alerted police to hidden drugs. The immigration line was shut down for over an hour. We didn't make it off the ship until after 10:00 am. Luckily we only had to get to our hotel to pick up the car. A 10:30 AM flight is very risky.