Where do they keep the secret Cookies on QM2?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:52 AM.
christchurch new zealand
79 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
While on on QV cruise earlier this year we were sitting with a woman who had some Subway type cookies (yum) on her plate so i asked where did she get them,her answer was SHHH these are secret cookies you have to ask Micahel over there she then pointed to a counter by a coffee machine so i tip toed over and asked Michael for one he dissappeared under said counter to return with 2 of THE most delicious cookies i have ever eaten and i have eaten a few Anway this was on the 2nd to last day on board so didnt manage any more however we are on QM2 Feb and was wondering if anyone knows where they hide them now she buffet has been updated.? A lot of rambling for a short question. Thanx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Oct 2004 E/B TA QM2
March April 2009 Dubai-Southampton QM2
March 2017 NZ-AUS-NZ QV.
2,189 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by erniebernie
While on on QV cruise earlier this year we were sitting with a woman who had some Subway type cookies (yum) on her plate so i asked where did she get them,her answer was SHHH these are secret cookies you have to ask Micahel over there she then pointed to a counter by a coffee machine so i tip toed over and asked Michael for one he dissappeared under said counter to return with 2 of THE most delicious cookies i have ever eaten and i have eaten a few Anway this was on the 2nd to last day on board so didnt manage any more however we are on QM2 Feb and was wondering if anyone knows where they hide them now she buffet has been updated.? A lot of rambling for a short question. Thanx
lol.....just ask at the buffet counter, usually around the sandwich maker. I have no idea why they keep them under the counter, they used to be out on the QE2 but the new ships have them "hidden" and yes...they are fabulous and dare i say fattening.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2016 World Cruise Blog http://exitviathegiftshop.blogspot.co.nz/?view=magazine
2017 World Cruise Blog http://butarewethereyet.blogspot.co.nz
the more polished general cruise bloghttp://roscoesseafever.blogspot.co.nz
QE2 2002 Tahiti - Auckland
QM2 2004 Southhampton - New York
QE2 2006 New York - Panama - Los Angeles
QV 2008 Singapore - Southampton
QV 2010 Singapore - Southampton
QE 2011 Auckland
Pacific Pearl 2011 South Pacific Cruise
QV 2011 Venice to Rome
QV 2011 Rome to Rome
QE 2012 San Francisco - Sydney
QM2 2013 Auckland - Africa - Southampton
QV 2014 Rio to Sydney
L'Austral 2015 Auckland
QV 2015 Auckland
Qv 2016 Southampton - Southampton Full World
Qv 2017 Valparaiso to San Francisco
Lancashier
262 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Originally posted by roscoe39
lol.....just ask at the buffet counter, usually around the sandwich maker. I have no idea why they keep them under the counter, they used to be out on the QE2 but the new ships have them "hidden" and yes...they are fabulous and dare i say fattening.
I would think they are kept out of sight, due to the greed of people , how many times do you see plates with sandwich, cakes and scones left in the Kings Court/Lido after afternoon tea, lots of people see food and think I will have some of that, then leave it.
UK
1,956 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Sounds interesting. What exactly do I ask for?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
2017Eastbound T/A - Cunard. 2016 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Bahamas & Florida - NCL: 2015 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2014 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Norway/Iceland - P&O: 2013 Canary Islands - NCL: 2011 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2011 Southern T/A - Celebrity: 2011 Australasia - Princess: 2009 Australia/New Zealand - Royal Caribbean: 2005 Norway - Louis Line: 2004 Alaska - Celebrity: 2000 Eastern Caribbean - Royal Caribbean
Chengdu - PRC
44 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
They also come out for the solo travellers morning meets and the uneaten ones go below decks where the crew happily appreciate them, or so I've been told.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

San Francisco, CA
1,120 Posts
Joined Nov 2002
Forgive me, but what are "subway cookies?"
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
.Mark Katzenberger

Upcoming Queen Mary 2 - RT N Atlantic crossing - 2018
Queen Mary 2 - RT crossing + Bruges - 2017, Queen Mary 2 - N Atlantic crossing - 2016, Celebrity Infinity - S. America - 2015,
Star Princess - Pacific repo - 2015, AMACello - Rhine - 2013, Norwegian Spirit - W Caribbean - 2011,
Crystal Serenity - E Med - 2010, Queen Mary 2 - Canada - 2009, Eurodam - Baltics - 2009,
Queen Mary 2 - N Atlantic crossing - 2008, Queen Elizabeth 2 - W Med - 2008, Amsterdam - Alaska - 2007,
Norwegian Sun - W Caribbean - 2007, Voyager of the Seas - Bermuda - 2005, Star Princess - Mexico - 2002,
Carnival Spirit - Pacific repo - 2001, Norwegian Majesty - S Caribbean - 2001, Rembrandt - Canada - 2000,
Seabourn Sun - SF cruise to nowhere - 2000, Queen Elizabeth 2 - N Atlantic crossing - 1999, Zenith - Bermuda - 1998,
Queen Elizabeth 2 - Panama Canal - 1997, Celebrity Century - W Caribbean - 1996, Nieuw Amsterdam - Alaska - 1993,
Nieuw Amsterdam - Pacific repo - 1993, Crown Princess - E Caribbean - 1991, Westerdam - Mexico repo - 1990,
Queen Elizabeth 2 - Hawaii - 1989, Cunard Princess - Pacific repo - 1987
Pennsylvania
5,739 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Cookies that you can buy at a Subway sandwich shop. Prepackaged and baked on premises.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past:
Queen Mary 2: 7 cruises
Queen Victoria: 2 cruises

ms Amsterdam: 1 cruise
Caribbean Princess: 1 cruise
Carnival Pride: 1 cruise
christchurch new zealand
79 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Originally posted by babs135
Sounds interesting. What exactly do I ask for?
WE just asked for the "secret" cookies crew knew what we wanted.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Oct 2004 E/B TA QM2
March April 2009 Dubai-Southampton QM2
March 2017 NZ-AUS-NZ QV.
Chicago
296 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
Originally posted by MarkBearSF
Forgive me, but what are "subway cookies?"
Cookies that are baked by the heat generated by subway cars. Next time you step onto one, reach underneath and grab one for yourself. Make sure you get to them before the rats do, though.
Milton Keynes, UK
656 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by Moscowlad
They also come out for the solo travellers morning meets and the uneaten ones go below decks where the crew happily appreciate them, or so I've been told.

It is supposed to be a secret. It's one of the benefits that solo travellers get for their single supplement
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jon : email: cruiser1955 at hotmail dot co dot uk
Future cruises
Ventura - Iberia - 9th Dec 17
Ventura - N803 - Caribbean & USA - 5th Feb 18
Azura - A815 - Baltic - 9th June 18
Arcadia - J814 - Italy, France & Spain - 3rd Oct 18

Ventura - N903 - Caribbean & USA - 5th Feb 19
Queen Elizabeth - Q915A - Japan & Alaska - 5th May 2019
Arcadia - J916 - Adriatic - 10th October 2019

Sailed on:
Swan Hellenic - Minerva II x7 (now P&O Adonia), Minerva
P&O - Arcadia x8, Artemis x3, Azura x2, Oceana, Oriana, Ventura x4
Cunard - Queen Victoria x5, Queen Mary 2 x3, Queen Elizabeth x2 inc World 2013
Celebrity - Solstice x2 - New Zealand and Australia circumnavigation
Voyages of Discovery - Discovery - south Pacific
Holland America - Zanndam x2
Orient Lines - Marco Polo - south America & Falklands
Danube - Johann Strauss
Nile - RA2, MISR Serenade, MISR Rhapsody, Prince Abbas
Santa Cruz (Galapagos)
Victoria Cruises (Yangtze)
Lancashier
262 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Originally posted by Underwatr
Cookies that you can buy at a Subway sandwich shop. Prepackaged and baked on premises.
The only problem with that, they are free on ship and that is one of the reasons so must food is left on their plates.
Pennsylvania
5,739 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by luckymal
The only problem with that, they are free on ship and that is one of the reasons so must food is left on their plates.
Most of the food is free. What other stuff are they hiding?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past:
Queen Mary 2: 7 cruises
Queen Victoria: 2 cruises

ms Amsterdam: 1 cruise
Caribbean Princess: 1 cruise
Carnival Pride: 1 cruise
San Francisco, CA
1,120 Posts
Joined Nov 2002
Thanks!

Cookies that are baked by the heat generated by subway cars. Next time you step onto one, reach underneath and grab one for yourself. Make sure you get to them before the rats do, though.
HA! Good one.

-Mark
Chicago
296 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
Originally posted by luckymal
If I left food on my plate, it was because I didn't like it. What better opportunity than a cruise to try foods I'd never had before? I'd never had kippers before my TA. Loved them!
27 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
My husband enjoys his chocolate chip cookies, so I asked a staff member in Kings Court if there were any cookies/biscuits.

He said, "Wait here." (At our table.)

He disappeared behind doors and several minutes later he came out with a plate full of chocolate chip cookies. We only wanted two, but he brought more, no matter, my husband didn't let them go to waste.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Looking forward to First Transatlantic Crossing on QM2! It's nearly boarding time

Enjoyed it so much that have now crossed Three Times in two years!!!