Carnival World Mastercard from Barclay Special Offer ??

Usually about this time of year I get a special offer if I book a new cruise with my Carnival Mastercard. Usually its $150-200 Statement credit for a new booking and once it was Statement credit of 20% of the what the cruise charge was.

I am holding off on booking since it has to be a new booking. Has anyone else got an offer in the mail yet? I really hope I still get it this year. I'm getting antsy because I want to book but just don't want to miss a good deal.

I booked, using my Barclays Carnival Mastercard back in January, but with the plan to use my reward points to pay the balance on card. I was unaware of any incentive to use it to book, other than receiving double points. Well,I was surprised when they DID give me $100 credit off my bill! My cruise total for an inside cabin, with all taxes, fees, trip insurance, and prepaid gratuities for 2 people came to $1926. Applied $1200 reward point dollars to bill, also taking off $100 from them, and I ended up paying for our next cruise only $626!! For a 7 day cruise! Pretty darn good!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

I booked, using my Barclays Carnival Mastercard back in January, but with the plan to use my reward points to pay the balance on card. I was unaware of any incentive to use it to book, other than receiving double points. Well,I was surprised when they DID give me $100 credit off my bill! My cruise total for an inside cabin, with all taxes, fees, trip insurance, and prepaid gratuities for 2 people came to $1926. Applied $1200 reward point dollars to bill, also taking off $100 from them, and I ended up paying for our next cruise only $626!! For a 7 day cruise! Pretty darn good! How do you get so many reward point dollars? I got one a few weeks ago isnt that like 120000 points Sent from my iPad using Forums

So how do you get so many reward point dollars? I just got mine isnt that like 120,000 points?

So how do you get so many reward point dollars? I just got mine isnt that like 120,000 points?

Yes, it is. First of all, I use my credit card for EVERYTHING! Groceries, bills, and purchases, and just pay my balance off every month. Also, if you go to their website, and to the rewards section, and choose to earn points faster, you will see stores where you can earn more than 1 point per dollar. The key though is to go to the stores from that link. I ordered new luggage from ebags and recieved 10 points per dollar spent. Since cashing in those reward points toward the cruise, I accrued enough points to purchase from the Barclaycard website OBC. I’m hoping to continue to earn more to apply more OBC, then I will begin to accrue points to purchase OBC for my April 2020 cruise. Just use it for EVERYTHING! But if you are someone who has trouble with credit cards—-accruing huge balances and never paying off balance every month—-then this is not something for you. I just never maintain a balance.

I do the same thing as Grandmarnnurse, I also work in a family business so I got a card for everyone in my family all on my account. We use it to buy parts, and pay any bills that we can with it including the phone bill, landline and wireless. Then we just pay off the balance every month.

And the same thing with buying things with links from the site. Even major retailers like Best Buy and Walmart give multiple rewards points if you book through the credit card website.

On other thing if you are using points to pay for a cruise try to have the price of the cruise at least $1500. This is the price that your points have the most value. For example if you were to book a cruise for $1499 it would take 120,000 to redeem for credit for the cruise, but once you reach $1500 it would only take 100,000. You just have to make sure to make the full charge on the credit card of $1500 to use the points for that value, you couldn't put a deposit of $500 and then pay the $1000. It has to be one charge of $1500 or greater.

I do the same thing as Grandmarnnurse, I also work in a family business so I got a card for everyone in my family all on my account. We use it to buy parts, and pay any bills that we can with it including the phone bill, landline and wireless. Then we just pay off the balance every month.

And the same thing with buying things with links from the site. Even major retailers like Best Buy and Walmart give multiple rewards points if you book through the credit card website.

On other thing if you are using points to pay for a cruise try to have the price of the cruise at least $1500. This is the price that your points have the most value. For example if you were to book a cruise for $1499 it would take 120,000 to redeem for credit for the cruise, but once you reach $1500 it would only take 100,000. You just have to make sure to make the full charge on the credit card of $1500 to use the points for that value, you couldn't put a deposit of $500 and then pay the $1000. It has to be one charge of $1500 or greater.

That’s correct. I put my whole full price of cruise on card—paid it in full. Then redeemed my points to pay off balance.

Usually about this time of year I get a special offer if I book a new cruise with my Carnival Mastercard. Usually its $150-200 Statement credit for a new booking and once it was Statement credit of 20% of the what the cruise charge was.

I am holding off on booking since it has to be a new booking. Has anyone else got an offer in the mail yet? I really hope I still get it this year. I'm getting antsy because I want to book but just don't want to miss a good deal.

I always thought this card was bad. Are these offers a common thing? That may be a game-changer.

Yes they do. It shows up after you sail and take the excursion.

Thanks for that info. I have not booked any excursions yet, but I wondered how it worked. I did call them recently because my added OBC from redeemed rewards doesn’t show on my Carnival account, and they told me they won’t. I will recieve a notice in my cabin on day of embarkation of all my OBC that I have.

My 10% was instant. Booked a couple of excursions in March and got the credit that month. Booked another last week and the credit is already there!

• 6 months later...

I recently booked a cruise and was approved for a Carnival Mastercard and it said I would receive $200 off the balance of the cruise.  Does anyone know when this will show up on my card or what I need to do to receive this credit?

Thank you

FBCA50B8-F7FA-40BB-9960-E31B362D44D0.png

12 minutes ago, kmart87 said:

I recently booked a cruise and was approved for a Carnival Mastercard and it said I would receive $200 off the balance of the cruise.  Does anyone know when this will show up on my card or what I need to do to receive this credit?

Thank you

FBCA50B8-F7FA-40BB-9960-E31B362D44D0.png

First of all, your full price of cruise needed to be put on card, not just deposit. Once whole cruise is on card, you should get the Carnival discount.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:32 PM, maynovmom said:

I got charged for the excursion minus the 10% immediately... I ordered FTTF which is technically an excursion and they charged my Carnival card $89.95 for the 7 days, but the same month that charge showed up on my card I had a credit of $9.00. So FTTF actually cost me $80.95.

I'm not sure if this would be different if you booked actual excursions though...

On 5/24/2018 at 8:13 AM, mdsgu said:

My 10% was instant. Booked a couple of excursions in March and got the credit that month. Booked another last week and the credit is already there!

Same here. The discount shows up when you book the excursion, not when you take the excursion.