Birthday on board...

We have done a number of on board birthday celebrations. I can't recall RCI doing anything more than what you mention.

In our case we didn't even bother with the cake or decoration. Our preference is to enjoy a meal in a speciality restaurant. If it is a special birthday then we have in the past booked a suite.

So my SO will be celebrating his birthday during our cruise in May. I have decorations and cake for dinner set up, but does RCCL offer anything else on the day? I have searched with no luck on the website...

Check to see if a Dreamworks breakfast is held on your ship if he's a child.

So my SO will be celebrating his birthday during our cruise in May. I have decorations and cake for dinner set up, but does RCCL offer anything else on the day? I have searched with no luck on the website...

On average, one in twelve guests will celebrate a birthday over the course of a month--and considering that Royal Caribbean will carry tens of thousands guests fleet-wide over the course of a month--I'm not surprised they do nothing of a complimentary nature to observe birthdays...

Same dynamic--on a lesser scale given that some guests travel solo and that some guests are children--applies to anniversary celebrations [which the cruise line would have no way of validating in any case]...

Unfortunately, the cost associated with "doing something"--while probably relatively minimal on an individual basis--becomes substantive given the scope of Royal's operations... I suspect that they could make allowance for such observations in setting cruise fares but certainly understand their reluctance to do...

It seems that you've planned a wonderful celebration... Enjoy the day and enjoy your cruise!

If you remind the headwaiter on the big day, they will stick a candle in a dessert and sing. That's about it. They used to give a free cake but soon everyone was celebrating a birthday in order to get the free cake, so no more. If you want something, you'll have to pay for it.

We were in a GS last June for my Birthday. We listed the reason for the cruise as my birthday and it was still missed until we were talking to Raj and Mohammad in the suites lounge. They asked how my day was going and I told my birthday has been awesome so far. Raj ran like a madman when he realized he missed it. So a bit later on in the afternoon a bottle of champagne was delivered to us. It was awesome.

We also ate at Chops for dinner and they sung to me but the other guests that night seemed to be louder than the crew lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had an anniversary a few years ago. When I booked the cruise I ordered decorations for the room and listed it as an anniversary and the date. I think it asked what day when asked if we were celebrating anything special. We never said anything else to anyone. To our surprise after dinner in the MDR, a dessert to share was brought with a chocolate happy anniversary was brought. Both waiters and the head waiter guy came over and wished us happy anniversary. Other than when I booked the cruise, we never told anyone else, or reminded anyone. They did that on their own.

I can see with so many people some might get overlooked. Like a previous poster, if you have the same wait staff everynight, tell them and they may do something. a special chocolate stick with happy birthday stuck on whatever dessert you order. It's not much but little things like that please me and hubby.

And like another poster, it will be what you make it. Have a relaxing time don't sweat it!!

6 weeks and counting:D

I laughed hard at this. Was this commentary on the lack of maturity of some of us husbands out there?

No absolutely not....I just missed the "SO" part :o:o:o:o

So glad I could contribute something funny today...but is there an age limit for the breakfast...you never know :D