Stingray City

Beachlover1989

• 3 weeks later...
How deep is the water at Stingray city? My wife does not swim but would like to meet the rays.

It depends on where your boat anchors. Most will try to have the back of the boat in waist-deep or shallower water. Could be mid-thigh deep, could be much deeper. The boat will have life jackets, and she could always wear one and you could tow her to the shallower area if if was too deep at the back of the boat.

• 1 month later...
How deep is the water at Stingray city? My wife does not swim but would like to meet the rays.

We were just there last week. When we first got off the boat I could not touch the bottom. But a couple strokes and the water was mid chest. We had someone with us that can’t swim and he did great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were just there last week. When we first got off the boat I could not touch the bottom. But a couple strokes and the water was mid chest. We had someone with us that can’t swim and he did great

Thanks for the information. I love your username. Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Ken

We did Stingray City a few days ago and it was fantastic! Water shoes are not allowed (and not needed). We pretty much jumped in at waist deep. The captain had life jackets available, but they were not needed. Great experience!

Did you go with Carnival or with a private company?

• 2 weeks later...
Is Stingray City tour safe for a 15month old? (carried in our arms of course)

It depends. You're in waist to chest deep water out in the ocean on a sandbar, surrounded by stingrays. I've seen some people thrilled and loving it, and some terrified and trying to climb up the side of the nearest person. And that includes people of all ages from toddler to senior citizen. So it really depends on the person. Does your toddler love water, animals and new situations, or do they get scared in those circumstances?

Stingray City - something that you can do on your own or book through cruise excursions??

You need an excursion of some kind, but that can be through the cruise line or booked independently. It's out in the ocean, so you can't go on your own unless you have a boat there.