Balcony or Add On DIY Land

mikaula

Trying to decide if I just want to spring for a balcony instead of an inside cabin. The price will be double what we are paying now. Our cruise ends in Seward & we were originally going to stay in Seward a few days & take some additional tours but it’s really expensive! I know...everything in Alaska is but man!,

I’ve been to Alaska a couple times & never did more than a round trip cruise from Seattle & once from Vancouver. We also already have a float plane tour of Misty Fyords planned.

Choose the land and watch for price drops and you might be able to upgrade if the prices drops. We booked an inside and were able to upgrade to a balcony for only about $ 100 more pp about 2 months before the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We made the decision to add on the land portion with the savings for booking an inside cabin. We sailed to AK in 2015 and could not wait to go back. We are actually spending less money by adding on a 5 day cruise tour than would would have if we had a balcony. On our last cruise, we spent almost all of our time on the ship up on an upper deck. We enjoyed the 360 degree views.