MSC Aurea Spa Treatments - Question

SirWolf

Due to the many treatments & packages offered in the Aurea Spa

I am seeking some advise which treatment or package is a good

value. I want to surprise my DW with a treatment , maybe a

Bali massage or some other relaxing treatment.

They offer hot stone massage and Himalayan salt massage.

We are YC , so the use of the Spa area is included.

Sailing on MSC Seaview , Western Med.

Thank you.

We booked Aurea experience on Seaside which included our choice of massage plus use of the Thermal Suites for the duration of our trip. We all chose the 45/55 minute Bali massage and really enjoyed it- even the LMT in our group who usually gives massages enjoyed it. I have read a few reviews from other posters saying that the Hot Stone massage was their favorite, so I will definitely try that one next time

That's going to be a great surprise for your DW!

Here's a tip: Don't try to decide which massage to surprise her with, let her choose.

When you book at the Aurea Experience level, each adult in the cabin (or if you want her to have 2 massages during the cruise, I think it's just 2 to the cabin and you don't have to use yours) gets 1 massage up to 1 hour, excluding the Bali 4 Hands massage or couples massages. You can also pay the difference to upgrade to other services.

When you check into the ship, get your cruise card and your Aurea wristbands (free!), before you even can get into your stateroom, leave your bags with the hand luggage check desk and go straight to the Aurea spa, just front of midship on Deck 8. That's when you can schedule your massage and/or other services with the spa, hair salon, barbershop, nail salon, etc. It fills up fast! My wife was able to get a Sunday (first sea day) afternoon appt, and I went for the 2nd sea day (Thursday, we were on Western Carib on the MSC Seaside out of Miami).

The point is, let your wife choose what she wants when you go to the spa and surprise her with her complimentary Aurea Spa service and Thermal Area access all week! Then they give you a tour of the thermal area - it was open immediately when they boarded passengers - and enjoy it! At the Aurea level your stateroom will have comfy robes and slippers for you to wear to the spa, and they give you as many soft towels as you want every time you use the Thermal Area. Use your wristband to lock and unlock your spa locker!

You're both gonna love it!

**Edit: I realize you're on the Seaview, which I have heard is identical to the Seaside, which we were on, but hopefully this info is as helpful as I thought it was when I wrote it! :-)

Thank you for the tip and the details about the spa,

it’s very helpful.

I will definitely try to schedule the treatment soon

after boarding.

It would be a good idea to surprise my wife

but I like to book one treatment in advance and

she can add an additional treatment if she likes.

We booked a Aurea Grand Suite but I upgraded

to Yacht Club as soon as a suite was available.

The access to the Aurea Thermal area is one of the

Yacht Club perks, so my wife already knows that we

can use the Aurea Thermal area.

I booked a treatment in the hair salon, that was

rather easy... choices are color, cut, style.

I have compared some of the massages using

general reviews and descriptions on the internet

and I narrowed it down to the Hot Stone massage

and the Himalayan Salt massage.

I am sure we will enjoy the Aurea Thermal area

since we have visited different spas in hotels

while travelling.

Delete

Due to the many treatments & packages offered in the Aurea Spa

I am seeking some advise which treatment or package is a good

value. I want to surprise my DW with a treatment , maybe a

Bali massage or some other relaxing treatment.

They offer hot stone massage and Himalayan salt massage.

We are YC , so the use of the Spa area is included.

Sailing on MSC Seaview , Western Med.

Thank you.

Edited by JAGR

• 6 months later...
On 6/27/2018 at 2:00 AM, harrisodaniels said:

That's going to be a great surprise for your DW!

Here's a tip: Don't try to decide which massage to surprise her with, let her choose.

When you book at the Aurea Experience level, each adult in the cabin (or if you want her to have 2 massages during the cruise, I think it's just 2 to the cabin and you don't have to use yours) gets 1 massage up to 1 hour, excluding the Bali 4 Hands massage or couples massages. You can also pay the difference to upgrade to other services.

When you check into the ship, get your cruise card and your Aurea wristbands (free!), before you even can get into your stateroom, leave your bags with the hand luggage check desk and go straight to the Aurea spa, just front of midship on Deck 8. That's when you can schedule your massage and/or other services with the spa, hair salon, barbershop, nail salon, etc. It fills up fast! My wife was able to get a Sunday (first sea day) afternoon appt, and I went for the 2nd sea day (Thursday, we were on Western Carib on the MSC Seaside out of Miami).

The point is, let your wife choose what she wants when you go to the spa and surprise her with her complimentary Aurea Spa service and Thermal Area access all week! Then they give you a tour of the thermal area - it was open immediately when they boarded passengers - and enjoy it! At the Aurea level your stateroom will have comfy robes and slippers for you to wear to the spa, and they give you as many soft towels as you want every time you use the Thermal Area. Use your wristband to lock and unlock your spa locker!

You're both gonna love it!

**Edit: I realize you're on the Seaview, which I have heard is identical to the Seaside, which we were on, but hopefully this info is as helpful as I thought it was when I wrote it! :-)

Is there any way to book the "free" massage that comes with the Aurea package before boarding, or is it only possible once onboard?

3 hours ago, MrMorganO said:

Is there any way to book the "free" massage that comes with the Aurea package before boarding, or is it only possible once onboard?

I have prepaid 2 massages and a facial.   I was told no appointments can be made ahead of time that I should make them on embarkation day once on the ship.