Miracle Upgrade Offer

bowen9475

We got an email offer to upgrade our stateroom from a balcony room, 7144, to an extended balcony, room 8148, for $16. How much of a difference is there between balconies and extended balconies? Would you do it? Why or why not? I am leaning toward not because deck 9 looks like it could be busy and loud at times. Thanks for your input!

We had an obstructed view balcony and got the same offer. The room listed is not the room we had to take. We called our PVA and was able to choose our extended balcony room. Went with deck 7 to stay between decks with rooms.

If you haven't already, go to cruisedeckplans.com and click on public site, CCL and Miracle. Scroll to the bottom left and you will see all the decks which you can click on and scroll and see what's over you. As above posters have said, you are right under the pool. We almost always book on deck 8 under the buffet and have never had a problem with noise. However, I would be nervous about them moving the loungers at night. $16 for extended balcony is great IMO. You just get a bit more leg room, but that location is iffy. Hopefully someone who has been in that location can give you an answer!

We have been on the Miracle on deck 8 three different times, cabin 8232 (one of the long "bowling alley balconies), 8166, and 8154. There was a little noise in the morning when the staff were moving chairs to get ready for the day, but we never considered it a problem (I'm an early riser, and DH can sleep through some minor noises). You could definitely hear music during the day from your balcony. I'm assuming the same could be said for in the evenings when they are having deck parties, but we were always out and about during those times. We actually chose extended-balcony cabins on deck 8 because of the convenience of just running up one flight to lido and the buffet.

We have been on the Miracle on deck 8 three different times, cabin 8232 (one of the long "bowling alley balconies), 8166, and 8154. There was a little noise in the morning when the staff were moving chairs to get ready for the day, but we never considered it a problem (I'm an early riser, and DH can sleep through some minor noises). You could definitely hear music during the day from your balcony. I'm assuming the same could be said for in the evenings when they are having deck parties, but we were always out and about during those times. We actually chose extended-balcony cabins on deck 8 because of the convenience of just running up one flight to lido and the buffet.

We've been in this cabin also, and the same one on sister ship Pride. LOVE it! And we book on deck 8 also for the same reason! That is why 8232 was such a perfect cabin: right up the stairs to the FOOD! :D

So, do you think if I call my PVP and an extended balcony is available on deck 7, we could switch to that room? I would cosnider doing that

In the e-mail they sent you, if you click on the upgrade offer, you can actually see what cabins are available for the upgrade (either at the same price they quoted you or a little more based on the location). I wasn't aware that this was do-able until I tried it when they sent me 2 different upsell offers in the last few months. There are choices to make on the left side of the screen after you click on the offer--you're not locked into anything just by clicking that "view upgrade" button, although it kind of looks like you are from the e-mails I was sent.

Not sure if the PVPs can help with this since the e-mails seem to come from the "post-booking" department, but you could always try.

We “upgraded” from a balcony to an extended once on the Legend. We wished we hadn’t because the extended cabin was close to the cabins on the bump out so our view looking aft was blocked. We will be sailing the Miracle in June and made sure to book balconies on the bump out section.

Sent from my iPad using Forums