Gem out of NYC.....

cabinboy1945

Traditionally the Gem sails out of pier 88. Not to worry if the Gem sails out of 90 as it is next door in the same complex. The NYC passenger ship terminal is comprised of piers 88, 90 and 92. When we were on the Gem last year we sailed out of 88 and returned to 90 due to fleet week aircraft carrier taking over 88. Made no difference other than a longer walk back to the car with luggage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Traditionally the Gem sails out of pier 88. Not to worry if the Gem sails out of 90 as it is next door in the same complex. The NYC passenger ship terminal is comprised of piers 88, 90 and 92. When we were on the Gem last year we sailed out of 88 and returned to 90 due to fleet week aircraft carrier taking over 88. Made no difference other than a longer walk back to the car with luggage.

Same, except we were in the very front of the line to walk off and missed the announcement, and couldn’t find our car at first, along with other passengers. It was actually pretty funny!

We watched the ship dock from our balcony which is how we knew we came into 90 instead of 88. We then went to breakfast in Grand Pacific dining room and were basically last ones off the ship. No crowds at customs and walked from 90 to 88 for car.