Favorite drink at the Alchemy bar?!

Rissa041115

I’m usually a dirty gin martini drinker, but I loved the Caribbean Manhattan. I usually like a combination with cucumber/basil also, so I had a few made with that combo. I’m not a real sugary type drink person, but I did have a couple of Deal Closers with white chocolate.

On the Vista back in 2016, Annamarie made me a martini with Jagermeister and it was decent. I picked up some jalapeños from Blue Iguana and she soaked those in vodka for a couple of days, and that drink had a nice kick. She also had some gummy bears she soaked. The possibilities are endless. I was on the ship for 33 days, so there were lots of unique drinks to try.

Enjoyed the drinks Jason and Alex made for us on the Triumph in November. Jason's "Blackberry Special" was smooth and delicious. Alex made me delicious amaretto sours.

Looking forward to getting to know a new Alchemy Bar crew in October on the Vista.

On the Vista back in 2016, Annamarie made me a martini with Jagermeister and it was decent. I picked up some jalapeños from Blue Iguana and she soaked those in vodka for a couple of days, and that drink had a nice kick. She also had some gummy bears she soaked. The possibilities are endless. I was on the ship for 33 days, so there were lots of unique drinks to try.

Annamarie was a 'newbie' Alchmeist on the Sunshine in 2015 and we absolutely adored her. So happy to hear that she was still around at least then. She is one of those that made that a most memorable cruise for us. Outstanding bar tender. We thought she was better than the senior bar tender on staff that cruise.

Can you get drinks off of the standard Alchemy menu at other bars? We are sailing on the Paradise next year which doesn't have an Alchemy bar. Wondering if we can order these drinks on that ship?

No, the other ships can't make these drinks. They don't have the ingredients, nor training. A lot of fresh herbs and fruit are used in the Alchemy Bar drinks. We are sailing on the Elation (NEXT WEEK!!!!) and I am a bit bummed that the Alchemy Bar was not included when she got her 2.0 upgrades recently. :(:(

Caribbean Manhattan is always my 'go to' drink there. We got real chummy with the bartenders on cruise and I asked Parvos(?) to make me something with silver Patron. He made me a drink with the silver Patron, crushed raspberries and fresh lime juice (watched them squeezing them all when they were setting up the bar in the evenings) that was just amazing. I have tried recreating it at home and just can't get it right. I just hope I run into him again on a future cruise. We lived at the Alchemy Bar that cruise and has been the only time I have actually hit the 15 drink limit on Cheers. The drinks were just so good and so much fun to watch being made.

The bartenders pretty much train themselves. When they are hired as bartenders they have to have basic knowledge. The Alchemy bartenders just have a special knack and taste palate. Can’t tell how many times the bartender has tossed my drink because it wasn’t right according to her palate.

My hubby loves the remedy. He asked the bartender on the Miracle last week to add some fruit to it to come up with a different taste. It ended up light red in color and she called it "The Wisconsin" from our great state! Yuliana was the best. He drank it all week long.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I started at Alchemy with a French Kiss and our bartender eventually tranformed it into a not sweet raspberry drink. I was drinking vodka and and perrier with lemon at most other bars by the end of the week. Had started out the week drinking carnival cosmos, but got a couple that tasted like they were made with paint thinner and just ordered absolut with perrier until we tripped across the Alchemy bar.

Can you get drinks off of the standard Alchemy menu at other bars? We are sailing on the Paradise next year which doesn't have an Alchemy bar. Wondering if we can order these drinks on that ship?
More than likely, no. If the Paradise has a Martini Bar, then there is a possibility that some of the Martini drinks could be made, but I doubt it. At the bars on Carnival, the bartenders usually just stick to what their bar usually sells and they sometimes even have the stuff made up ahead of time and are put in pitchers such as the pool side rum and tequila bars. The servers at Alchemy are mixologists, who craft cocktails and have the authority to go off menu and craft you a unique cocktail. Most of the other bars just have bartenders who use premade mixes and sugary concoctions. There are also no frozen drinks at the Alchemy Bar.

Prices for these are?? Just looking ahead and making plans for an August cruise. Thx.

I believe most Alchemy drinks are about $10
I think they're up to 11.95. Best reason to get Cheers. Four from the Alchemy plus a couple of the included non alcoholic stuff and you've broken even. That alone can be done during happy hour from 5-7, so anything consumed during the day or after dinner is gravy.

I think they're up to 11.95. Best reason to get Cheers. Four from the Alchemy plus a couple of the included non alcoholic stuff and you've broken even. That alone can be done during happy hour from 5-7, so anything consumed during the day or after dinner is gravy.

The martinis are $10.95 (or at least that is what the menu in March indicated on the Fascination) plus the 15% gratuity. In the past, I have been charged more if they used top shelf liquor for a specially crafted drink, but on our last cruise I asked before ordering and they said all martinis were priced the same.

My hubby loves the remedy. He asked the bartender on the Miracle last week to add some fruit to it to come up with a different taste. It ended up light red in color and she called it "The Wisconsin" from our great state! Yuliana was the best. He drank it all week long.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

What is in a Remedy

I like the drink with cucumber in it. The cucumber sunrise. Very refreshing. That and the remedy. I took a behind the scenes tour on the triumph and some of the staff told me the alchemy bartenders use the staff as guinia pigs

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Restorative Basil Drop is amazing! Normally not a drink I would choose either. I am usually more of a "40 is the new 20" girl but with having Cheers I found the sweet drinks really bothered my stomach. My husband and I would get a Basil Drop before and after dinner and would call it our medicine because it always seem to settle our stomachs after a big meal and always went down smooth :)