Jewel of The Seas - Cabin 8666

Hello Everyone,

We are interested in Cabin 8666 on the Jewel of the Seas. We are particularly interested in learning more regarding the balcony. Does anyone of information/pics regarding this cabin? Obstructed view, comparison to others in same category, etc?

Thanks!!

It looks like there is a cleaning rig stored right by that balcony. If you look at the following picture cabin 8666 is the last cabin on the side, three decks down from the Windjammer (the bottom of the rig starts on deck 8). Plus there will be a solid bulkhead wall on the left side of the balcony.

exterior8.jpg

It looks like there is a cleaning rig stored right by that balcony. If you look at the following picture cabin 8666 is the last cabin on the side, three decks down from the Windjammer (the bottom of the rig starts on deck 8). Plus there will be a solid bulkhead wall on the left side of the balcony.

exterior8.jpg

It also looks to me that the ladder will be centre of the balcony as the steel on the left side of the balcony as you look in you can see a gap between the steel and the ladder where on deck 10 the cradle they work in is tight up against the steel.

Regards.

Paul

We spent 5 days in 8656 on Radiance [basically identical in this respect] a few doors forward of 8666. We loved the cabin, but keep in mind you are a long way down the hall -- if you don'y mind the walk no real problems [hey its flat]. We had no noise trouble on deck 8 in this area.

Here is a picture from our balcony looking aft. You can see the railing for the larger balcony of 8666, and the bulkhead on its left. You can also see the cleaning ladder. I wouldn't lose much sleep over the obstruction. If you look behind the ship you can also tell where we were.

P1020568.jpg

This Picture might help. Circled in red is the balcony for 8166 on Jewel [same cabin on the opposite side from 8666]. Sorry -- didn't have a good view of this area on the starboard side.

It appears the ladder is stored in a position between 8162 and 8164, partially obstructs the view from those cabins. That is well forward of 8166 [and by corollary 8666 on the opposite side]. The deck plan on the RCI site lists 8162 and 8164 as obstructed, not 8166.

Special2_zps52157b41.jpg

Edited by mjldvlks

anyone else have any photos??

Will be in this room in at little over 7 weeks.

Can't wait!!

As I said, we were in 8656 on Radiance. Same cabin class but 8666 has a different balcony. I have pics of the interior of that cabin if you like.

I was in 8660 last week, and I would say that the window-washing equipment is in between 8662 and 8664. 8666 has a great balcony, angled toward the front, and I saw one lounger on it (there may have been 2). I would have loved that cabin. The balcony is oversized and you could spend all day out there without getting a sunburn.:)

exterior8.jpg

That's very helpful.

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I'm a newby to the CCMB, and I will be sailing on Jewell of the Seas on 10/26 out of San Juan and I booked cabin 8666 based on some of the comments here. Very excited as this will be my first balcony room AND celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary. Woo Hoo! Can't wait and I plan to take some good pictures of the room and balcony for this thread.

Also looking to become an member of the aft cabin lovers over time, so this cruise will decide if I go all in!

TTYL,

AftSoul (I thought it was a clever handle if I do say so myself!)

• 4 years later...