Simply Epic

yeclano

I've just got off the Epic. Firstly, I was not a fan of the Epic and secondly, I only travel in the Haven. I last travelled in the Epic Haven in 2014 and , to be honest, it was horrible. It was everything it shouldn't have been; Noisy, unruly kids, unwanted guests, rude staff and average food. I even witnessed a fight between security and non-Haven guests who had taken over the courtyard. Needless to say, I didn't want to go back.

I live in Spain and so travelling from Barcelona is easy for me and, sadly, the Epic has been a permanent feature since 2011.

Fast forward to 2018 and the Epic Haven is exactly that. To start with, only Haven guests are allowed in the Haven and POSH. Key card access blocks the "tourists". The staff are incredibly friendly and everybody tries to learn your name on the first day, not just in the Haven but everywhere on the ship. The food in the Epic restaurant and the speciality restaurants was fantastic and well worth the extra money.

I also tried Taste and O'sheehan's and the food was extremely nice as was the friendly service.

I am not going to write a review but I will say this; If you have had a bad experience on the Epic, give it another try because the latest hotel director has, pardon the pun, turned the ship around.

I used to hate the Epic but she is now my first choice.

Thanks for the encouraging words. :) We're not a fan of megaships (only sailed the Breakaway a second time because we grabbed a deal on a Haven room) but since the midsized ones aren't doing the 7 day from Barcelona, had no other choice but to book Epic for the end of May. We're in a spa mini, so hopefully that should offer some reprieve from the crowds!

Went on Epic last summer and fully expected to be disappointed based on reviews. Must admit that I was not a fan of the Epic's Haven restaurant, but other than that, the Epic got two thumbs up from me and my whole family. We were so pleasantly surprised.

Glad you gave her another chance and loved it!

I've just got off the Epic. Firstly, I was not a fan of the Epic and secondly, I only travel in the Haven. I last travelled in the Epic Haven in 2014 and , to be honest, it was horrible. It was everything it shouldn't have been; Noisy, unruly kids, unwanted guests, rude staff and average food. I even witnessed a fight between security and non-Haven guests who had taken over the courtyard. Needless to say, I didn't want to go back.

I live in Spain and so travelling from Barcelona is easy for me and, sadly, the Epic has been a permanent feature since 2011.

Fast forward to 2018 and the Epic Haven is exactly that. To start with, only Haven guests are allowed in the Haven and POSH. Key card access blocks the "tourists". The staff are incredibly friendly and everybody tries to learn your name on the first day, not just in the Haven but everywhere on the ship. The food in the Epic restaurant and the speciality restaurants was fantastic and well worth the extra money.

I also tried Taste and O'sheehan's and the food was extremely nice as was the friendly service.

I am not going to write a review but I will say this; If you have had a bad experience on the Epic, give it another try because the latest hotel director has, pardon the pun, turned the ship around.

I used to hate the Epic but she is now my first choice.

Thanks for the info. I will be on the Epic in May. Looking forward to a couple days in Barcelona. It will be my first trip there.

I too avoided Epic, because the idea of a mega ship was a negative. My Jade cruise in an aft PH was cancelled we ended up on Epic and chose the DOS.

Absolutely loved it. Would repeat happily.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums