HMC - Cabana "usage"

Setlok

I did a search and see a lot about the cabanas/villas but couldn't find an answer so here goes:

We reserved a cabana on HMC for our cruise, but now I have some questions.

Do people try to use a cabana they didn't pay for? If we want to go explore the island, what keeps people from squatting in ours?

Are they really worth it? I am trying to calm myself after shelling out a rather large chunk of money. Also, some reviews make it sound like there are private bathrooms and some sound the opposite...I'm confused.

Any help from those that have rented them would be very appreciated.

"Worth it" is a personal conclusion only you can come to. We have been to HMC 10 times. Rented a cabana 8 times. Our dermatologist definitely thinks the cabana is worth it. We love the cabanas, and will likely get one every time we stop at HMC.

The Oasis and the Villas have bathrooms. The cabanas do not.

There have been a couple of comments about people attempting to use showers at the cabanas, or very rarely setting up shop in a cabana they haven't rented. Rare, but it has happened. Rules don't apply to some people. If you have any personal effects in your cabana, I doubt anybody will steal your stuff, or the cabana.

We've never felt the need to spend money for a cabana....but it's just the 2 of us. With a group, it might be fun. As far as "squatters", your cabana attendant should run the uninvited away.

And this goes to show cb at sea has not been to HMC in any relevant, recent time frame. The only time you have a cabana attendant at HMC is when you buy the Butler upgrade (only available on HAL). Otherwise no cabana attendant. Just roaming bar waiters and supervisors, who may, or may not, be around when you need them.

Another cb at sea bum scoop.

We had our floating mats stolen from our cabana. We went to the rental place and told them what happened, and they gave us replacements.

I would guess the further down the beach you are (meaning, the higher the cabana number), the less likely you are to have this type of problem. There are a certain percentage of those kind of people. The further down the beach you are, the less people there are. The less number of people, the less likely you'll run into such a thief.

• 2 months later...

We loved our cabana and would rent another in a heart beat.  It was so nice to have a freshwater shower and a shady place to relax when we needed to get out of the sun for a bit.  I did have one guy using my shower as I walked back up to it from the water, but he quickly took off when he realized I was the renter of the cabana (I didn’t make it all the way there). I really wouldn’t have cared if he use the shower if he asked, but whatever.  The drinks and snacks were great, but the chickens were annoying. They tried to get into the food multiple occasions. 10/10 would do again

• 2 months later...

We get a Cabana every time we go. The second time we went we were stuck with a low number one and had some people just walk up and start using the shower...I let their kid finish and told the parent that it's a private shower... About got into a fight with the idiot... we go to straight to the excursion deal when bording and choose our Cabana.

On 7/26/2018 at 11:40 AM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We had our floating mats stolen from our cabana. We went to the rental place and told them what happened, and they gave us replacements.

I would guess the further down the beach you are (meaning, the higher the cabana number), the less likely you are to have this type of problem. There are a certain percentage of those kind of people. The further down the beach you are, the less people there are. The less number of people, the less likely you'll run into such a thief.

Yep.  For this reason I've always tried to get a cabana numbered #8 or higher.   Not just because of the potential for "borrowing" but also because it's a lot less crowded out there.  

On Carnival cabanas are first-come first-assigned, so getting to ShoreEx as soon as you board is key to obtaining the cabana of your choice.  

Edited by Pellaz