Anthem of the Seas Junior Suite Guarantee

DH and I are considering booking the Mar. 24th Anthem of the Seas in honor of our 25th wedding anniversary. We decided after looking for weekend getaways in various cities and the cruise is a much better value especially since we can drive to the port in less than 2 hours, besides cruising is both of favorite way to vacation. We are thinking of stepping out of our comfort zone (that's an adventure of us...i know i know) and booking a junior suite guarantee or booking a grand suite. Anyone have any experience with junior suite guarantees on the Anthem?

We are also booked on the Thanksgiving sailing of the Anthem in a Spa Junior Suite. We got a really good price and really want to try that room. If we were given a Spa Junior suite in March we would try to upgrade this cruise to a grand suite.

TIA

We've done a W guarantee on Anthem and each time we received a FJS.

Love and prefer the SJS , all are on the hump and are mid-ship. Also had a GS a few times, also on the hump and mid-ship and the the only negative for me in the GS was the coffee table. I found it a tad too big for that room and had to move the table into the corner, I keep bumping into it.

If it makes any difference to you here are the bathroom features:

SJS (SEA class Suite benefits) has a one and half baths, toilet and sink in one and a separate bath with tub, sink and spa inspired shower, which has a small seat in it and a frosted glass wall.

FJS (SEA class Suite benefits) has two baths, a full bath with tub and a separate half bath

GS (SKY class Suite benefits) has 1 full bath, tub, two sinks and a separate entrance to the bathroom from either the living room or bedroom.

Only you can determine if the Sky class benefits are worth the price compared to the Sea class benefits.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/faq/

Just got off Anthem and booked a suite guarantee. Was immediately assigned a spa junior suite 6240. Loved the extra space in cabin and balcony, and coastal kitchen for dinner. Felt it was worth the additional cost. However, we had a noise problem in that you hear the flushung if the toilets from the public restrooms below. Our neighbor in 6242 heard it as well. I would avoid those cabins.

Edited to add, with respect to coastal kitchen, having dinner in there made all the difference for me. So relaxing and the food was hot!

Just got off Anthem and booked a suite guarantee. Was immediately assigned a spa junior suite 6240. Loved the extra space in cabin and balcony, and coastal kitchen for dinner. Felt it was worth the additional cost. However, we had a noise problem in that you hear the flushung if the toilets from the public restrooms below. Our neighbor in 6242 heard it as well. I would avoid those cabins.

Edited to add, with respect to coastal kitchen, having dinner in there made all the difference for me. So relaxing and the food was hot!

Unfortunately we are in 6242 in March, I keep looking to switch but all spa junior suites are sold out. Was the noise very loud? Did you have maintenance come, did you complain to guest services?

Unfortunately we are in 6242 in March, I keep looking to switch but all spa junior suites are sold out. Was the noise very loud? Did you have maintenance come, did you complain to guest services?

To answer your questions, yes, the noise was very loud, I complained to guest services and they said mtce would come but they never did. I did get future cruise credit. Here is a link to the recent thread. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2585581&highlight=anthem

A JS doesn't get you anything but extra space and an extra cruise point...no "suite" perks...but, you won't be paying the "suite" price, either. We are very comfortable in JS's.

The perks start with GS's.

On the Anthem, JS can eat dinner in Coastal Kitchen.

JS get free wow bands.

Have you ever sailed on the Anthem, cb?

Was it all day & night?

As mentioned in the other thread, you can hear it during the day but with the tv on, activity etc. it was not bothersome. The problem was when trying to go to sleep and one evening it woke me up. Didn't hear it in the middle of the night as I guess no one uses the public toilet then.

I just want to add, just because it bothered me doesn't mean it will bother you. We all have our tolerences. It was noisy for me but may not be for you. I don't find any motion disturbing, some people are bothered by the slightest etc. Go with an open mind. Note that the second time I went to guest services they did offer to move us, I declined because it was the last night. I did receive fcc (they offered, I didn't ask for it).

I just want to add, just because it bothered me doesn't mean it will bother you. We all have our tolerences. It was noisy for me but may not be for you. I don't find any motion disturbing, some people are bothered by the slightest etc. Go with an open mind. Note that the second time I went to guest services they did offer to move us, I declined because it was the last night. I did receive fcc (they offered, I didn't ask for it).

I have no choice but to go with an open mind but I’m very sensitive to noise. Not liking hearing flushing of toilets, night & day. Will definitely bring earplugs.