Will we have a delayed boarding on Sillouette?

billy10

I doubt you will be delayed unless there is a noro virus outbreak before they dock. If that happens the ship gets a very deep cleaning before new passengers can board. We had that happen on our first Celebrity cruise when boarding was delayed 2 hours for a major cleaning. I know the ship and the crew have to go through more hoops on their first port stop in the US after a summer in Europe but I am sure Celebrity plans for that when they set the boarding time.

I am on first Caribbean cruise when Silouette arrives in ft. Lauderdale but it will first stop from Europe in Boston do u think there will delayed boarding thanks for any info

You might assuming all the inspections are not done in Boston. My guess is they will occur in FLL

Not really. The cruise lines don’t know when they set the itinerary (months in advance) if there will be a Health department inspection on any given cruise. They do the best they can with estimating when departure will take place but there are numerous delays which can potentially hold things up.

I am on first Caribbean cruise when Silouette arrives in ft. Lauderdale but it will first stop from Europe in Boston do u think there will delayed boarding thanks for any info

You will clear customs in Boston and then your connection from Boston to Ft Lauderdale will be an internal flight. I would expect that you will check in at port as normal but bear in mind it will be busy in any event. No more customs to clear unless they do things differently on Ft Lauderdale.

FLight? I think you are confused.

The ship is coming from Europe, stopping in Boston, and then going out to Bermuda before it arrives in Florida.

It entirely possible that the passengers on that Transatlanic voyage will pass through Customs and Immigration twice.

It is also quite possible that the passengers on the following cruise will have a delayed boarding.

There’s no flight involved in the OP’s question

Not really. The cruise lines don’t know when they set the itinerary (months in advance) if there will be a Health department inspection on any given cruise. They do the best they can with estimating when departure will take place but there are numerous delays which can potentially hold things up.

Correct - but this could be the case for ANY cruise. No need for anyone to assume a delay in advance. That's like asking if a baseball game will start on time or be delayed for rain a month before the game.

We were on the Silhouette 2 years ago on the first Caribbean cruise after arriving from Europe. The ship underwent both the Coast Guard and Health inspections; it did not delay boarding or departure times.

We did the Equinox on her first voyage out of N. America and boarded in FLL. There were numerous inspections including crew customs, etc and we were delayed about an hour and half past normal boarding time.