Volendam - anyone recently cruised on this ship?

Hflors

We're booked in H3427 next January and we're hoping what we've been told is true - that it has the new shower-only bathroom. We'd really appreciate it If you could specifically ask your cabin steward about that. Don't go to a lot of trouble, but if you can confirm it, please let us know when you get back.

Will do!

I found the 2017 deck plans and the text is the same for the descriptions so I'm expecting the renos have been done.

I'm wondering if anyone has sailed in cabin #3398 on lower promenade deck since the refurb? Can you tell me if that specific cabin still has the tub, or did it get the "updated" glass shower with no tub?

Look at the new thread called, Volendam after dry dock info. There is a post regarding ocean view rooms that went to a shower only. Mine was not on the list. Love a bath.

Look at the new thread called, Volendam after dry dock info. There is a post regarding ocean view rooms that went to a shower only. Mine was not on the list. Love a bath.

We're booked on the Volendam for next January and received that same list from HAL about a week ago, after earlier conflicting info from HAL.

Since "seeing is believing" ;p, we hope anyone who sails in the next few months will be able to provide some confirmation of these cabins that HAL now says are shower only:

"This is to advise guests who've booked Ocean-view staterooms on board Volendam that during the November 2017 dry dock, the bathrooms in the below stateroomswere updated to a shower-only configuration:

"Lower Promenade Deck: E3327 - E3392, EE3319 - EE3391, EE3394, EE3405 - EE3414,H3302 - H3428, and HH3300 - HH3426.

"Main Deck: DA2538 - DA2677, DD2674 - DD2707, E2520 - E2537, E2704, E2709,G2501, and G2508 - G2711.

"Dolphin Deck: E1830 - E1928, EE1816 - EE1958, F1822 - F1950, FF1951, FF1953,FF1960, FF1962, and G1808 - G1815.

"Please note, this change does not affect all Ocean-view staterooms, only the specific staterooms noted above. We thank you for your attention to this matter and look forward to welcoming you on board."

If there is an existing roll call before the cruise, it is still there, and available for posting, after the cruise.

Are you sure you have your dates open sufficiently to see all the threads in the Roll Call forum?

Thanks, Ruth - that's good to know. I'll check out the dates settings.

Hello fellow cruisers,

We were originally booked on the 1st desk for our Alaskan cruise in May, but have just paid for an upgrade to the 6th floor: 6150, 6152, 6154, and 6156. Travelling with the whole family. Does the suites still have tubs? Am I right in assuming older TVs?

The ship's plumbing systems do require only the tissue they provide to be used. Passengers cannot not put any other tissue or wipes into their plumbing systems or it can clog it up for all the other cabins on the same system. This can be a problem for the first few days as people sometimes need to learn the hard way that the warning signs in the bathroom do need to be taken very literally.

The will track back the blockage to the stateroom that caused it. If prohibited items have been flushed they can and will bill the stateroom that caused it.

• 3 weeks later...
What would you like to see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I can speak for many here - ANY photos/videos of her interiors post dry-dock would be appreciated. I think people would like to see images what changes, updates, etc were made to the public areas and/or the cabins/suites.