Shuttle Port Miami to FLL - SAS - How long wait?

kilkoyne

I'm thinking about reserving a shuttle from MIA to FLL through SAS but I'm not sure how long I'll have to stand around and wait.

I'm returning on a Friday morning in Miami and looking to go to FLL.

I'm assuming they have more than one van running with the number of cruise ships arriving. Is there a line and will I have to fight my way onto the shuttle bus or do they enough running to get on quickly? Thanks

I'm thinking about reserving a shuttle from MIA to FLL through SAS but I'm not sure how long I'll have to stand around and wait.

I'm returning on a Friday morning in Miami and looking to go to FLL.

I'm assuming they have more than one van running with the number of cruise ships arriving. Is there a line and will I have to fight my way onto the shuttle bus or do they enough running to get on quickly? Thanks

SAS does not run from MIA to FLL. They do run from POM to FLL. You need to make a reservation with them with a pick up time. They will be waiting for you, call them after you get out of the terminal. There is no fighting to get on the shuttle, they do this everyday.

• 2 weeks later...

SAS answered my call quickly. Unfortunately I was the first to enter the van and had to wait until the van had 6 passengers before they would leave. It took appr 30 minutes to get the van full enough. I still had plenty of time so it wasn't a big deal. Driver was pleasant and van was clean. I would use them again.

SAS answered my call quickly. Unfortunately I was the first to enter the van and had to wait until the van had 6 passengers before they would leave. It took appr 30 minutes to get the van full enough. I still had plenty of time so it wasn't a big deal. Driver was pleasant and van was clean. I would use them again.

Any time they would run late,(seldom) they call you. I love that company and the prices are great. Use them all the time.

Thanks for the feedback. It is very frustrating to have to wait for busses or vans to fill before heading to one’s destination. Glad it all worked out well for you.

Ok how long does or did take to go from POM to FLL? Looking at a 11;45 flight out of FLL. We get in port on a Monday morning.. Thanks

Depending upon traffic, about 45-60+ min. You should be okay, but have very little spare time in case something goes wrong. :eek:

For an 11:45 flight you need to be at FLL no later than 10:15, and before 10:00 would be better, That translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration no later than about 9:00. I would either carry my own bags off or beg for a low number, and have private transport booked (Larry's Limos) or plan on a taxi or Uber just in case there is a delay in filling up the shared shuttle.

Or look at a flight leaving FLL about 12:30-1:00 or later and then you have time to relax a bit and maybe enjoy breakfast in the MDR. Do you want to spend your cruise worrying about making your flight home? :confused:

Ok how long does or did take to go from POM to FLL? Looking at a 11;45 flight out of FLL. We get in port on a Monday morning.. Thanks

We did walk off at 7:35 and were to the curb within 15 mins. We were at the end of the walk off line. Walkoffs commenced at 7:15

My only regret is that we didn’t schedule an 8:00 am pickup time from Larry’s Limos. We were picked up at around 8:20-8:30.

Traffic was bad. We were had an express lane driver.

Got to Ft Lauderdale Hotel approx 50-60 mins after pickup at POM, 9:20. This was in a Monday morning.

As long as everything goes smoothly you will be fine.

If not, have a backup plan.