Lobster!

scher

They do have caviar and they do have oysters' date=' I don't know about Sushi. Sorry just a lobster tail and that isn't even good....I love lobster, but not what they serve on the ship.[/quote']

Caviar only at midnight buffet. Last time I cruised in 2004. Never saw oyster's. where were they?

Scher,

Somehow I don't think RCCL is going to supply your desires. Maybe a more upscale line is what you need. I know Celebrity has sushi, but they don't have whole lobsters and I haven't ever seen oysters on there. I have seen caviar on their Concierge Class hors d'oevres though.

Good luck.

Where is it. I want real whole, not tails, lobster. I want Sushi, I want caviar, I want Oysters. What is up with RCCL when will they get the picture.

Ummm maybe Silversea would be a better bet for you :D

You are not going to find anything but those overgrown shrimp tails that have been frozen. Actually there is a practical reason for this involving storage etc.

Sushi? Jade but I have had better on land. Again fresh fish is better for good sushi and you can't get fresh on a ship that large.

there was sushi in Jade when I cruise Navigator in May 05'

I thought the voyager class ships had the same restaurants? We are going on the Adventure I do not think they have anything named Jade. I could be wrong. They did not have that on the Voyager.

They do have Sushi in Jade (which is basically a part of Windjammer). However, I have to be honest, it's quite bad.

As some have said, in order for sushi to be good, it has to fresh. And since it's nearly impossible to have it fresh on a ship like this, it ends up really bad (bad taste and somewhat rubbery).

Most cruise lines serve that carribean lobster, and I don`t consider that the real thing. The only line I have been on that served New England lobster was princess. Norwegian was the worst. They serve some yukky Mediteranian something that they called lobster. The worst! Good luck getting a whole lobster. I don`t think that is going to happen.

I guess one could go on a New England cruise to have a good Maine lobster - There is always fresh lobster in Portland/Bar Harbor - best to have outside at a pound at a picnic table - it really isn't dining room food!

was in Maine last summer and had some of the best Lobster there. Just don''t understand how these cruise lines try so hard to top the other ones that they would really have food that float people's boat. (If you know what I mean) Instead of trying to have the newest and biggest, try spending money on perfecting what you got. The way to a mans heart is through his stomach? I'm pretty pleased through the stomach also. Those are some of my ultimate foods.

Where is it. I want real whole, not tails, lobster. I want Sushi, I want caviar, I want Oysters. What is up with RCCL when will they get the picture.

Just got off of Serenade of the Seas. Not only was it a lobster tail, it was a frozen lobster tail. I was hoping for a Caribbean lobster (Spiney lobster), but no such luck. The food on the Serenade was ok, but they do not know how to cook a steak. They give you two choices, medium rare and medium well. Medium rare is bleeding (a band aid would save that hefer) or medium well is shoe leather and cold. They were asked to cook them medium, but to no avail. I ordered steak 3 times, but they never got it right. I did not eat in Chops, so maybe that was different. I am not complaining, but just making a statement. I am from Texas and we have many great Steakhouses that know how to get it right. I am with you. When will they get the picture?

Last cruise on Explorer, one of the appetizer choices was caviar. I don't like it, but my husband had some. I don't mind the lobster tail--too much trouble to mess with the whole thing with all of that "goopy" stuff. (I don't pick and eat crab, either)! Love the meat, not the mess!

Jade Sushi comes, in many cases, from previosuly frozen fish. Which means it's not going to kill you but in reality it's not as good as very fresh fish freshly caught. It's not old, it was frozen when it was fresh but it's not the same.

I don't know how anyone can compare those flavorless rubber chunks the line passes off as lobster to a good Maine Lobster or a nice fresh Rock Lobster tail. There is such a world of difference. I know some people just adore it but I can't get into it. My husband ate two last cruise (they came around and offered more) but I did not finish my one. Of course I did have two appetizers that night.

Just got off of Serenade of the Seas. Not only was it a lobster tail, it was a frozen lobster tail. I was hoping for a Caribbean lobster (Spiney lobster), but no such luck. Quoated from Jstonie.

What you got was a "Caribbean Lobster". The lobster you ate is found in waters off Florida to the Caribbean. They usually only serve the tail as there is not really any other meat to eat on this particular lobster. Being from New England I am not a fan of the "Southern" Lobster, no Lobster like we have here in New England YUM YUM!!!! Of course served with steamers, sausage, drawn butter and potato.

Jade Sushi comes, in many cases, from previosuly frozen fish. Which means it's not going to kill you but in reality it's not as good as very fresh fish freshly caught. It's not old, it was frozen when it was fresh but it's not the same.

I don't know how anyone can compare those flavorless rubber chunks the line passes off as lobster to a good Maine Lobster or a nice fresh Rock Lobster tail. There is such a world of difference. I know some people just adore it but I can't get into it. My husband ate two last cruise (they came around and offered more) but I did not finish my one. Of course I did have two appetizers that night.

Have to agree about the lobster and the "rubber chunks" comment. They serve this "lobster" on a formal night usually too. No wonder some people think it's ok to wear jeans. :D

Archived