cigeretts

letsgo101

my brother asked me to bring him some smokes back. Whats the limit I read anywhere from 1 carton to 5. Since I do not smoke I didn't know what the limit was and I remember in the pass seeing them for sale the 1st night on the cruise and in the duty free at the port in Mexico.

If you are an American citizen, each person can bring back 200 cigarettes or one carton duty free. Anymore than that and you are subject to taxes and possibly detained as they may suspect you are not bringing them back for personal consumption

The only thing is suitcases are not x-rayed getting off the ship. We don't smoke but had a friend who said they put cartons IN their suitcase. He'd buy one, then she'd buy one and they took them home with no problems. And they took one in their carry off that could be seen.

When our daughter-in-law asked us to buy cigs, we said no- and she has now stopped smoking.

The only thing is suitcases are not x-rayed getting off the ship. We don't smoke but had a friend who said they put cartons IN their suitcase. He'd buy one, then she'd buy one and they took them home with no problems. And they took one in their carry off that could be seen.

When our daughter-in-law asked us to buy cigs, we said no- and she has now stopped smoking.

WELL DOne !! Good for you and certainly, good for her.

You did the best thing !!!

Your post is one of my all time favorites and in all the years I have come to CC I have read a great many posts. :D