Best Decks for Balcony Cabins

MzShelle2U

I just received an offer for an upgrade to a balcony from an oceanview. What is the best deck for balcony rooms? I've done the cove balcony but I'd love to try something higher up.

What ship? On the conquest class ships, we like to be on deck 7. Two up or two down from most activities with cabins above and below us. On the Breeze and Vista ships, we elected for a Lido balcony as the lower decks don’t have as much privacy with Ocean Plaza right below. Next cruise is on Fantasy class ship and we got a balcony on Main deck. For us, the key is having cabins above and below us. Don’t want to end up under the Lido deck or below the galley or nightclub.

I just received an offer for an upgrade to a balcony from an oceanview. What is the best deck for balcony rooms? I've done the cove balcony but I'd love to try something higher up.

Higher up is nice on Conquest class ships, but keep in mind that on Dream class ships higher up means you'll have Ocean Plaza below you instead water. This may not bother you, but it does me. I always opt for a cove balcony on Dream class ships for this reason, well, except for the first time, which was on the Dream. It really bugged me having decking below me instead of ocean. Won't happen again.

You posted your cruise is on the Horizon as I was typing my response. But I assume the setup is the same on the Horizon.

While we like the style of balcony with a cove, we do not like the wave reverberation noise that goes throughout the hull. So, we would prefer to be higher up and look for a deck that is between decks of cabins. I never want to be right below the lido, a bar etc.

While we like the style of balcony with a cove, we do not like the wave reverberation noise that goes throughout the hull. So, we would prefer to be higher up and look for a deck that is between decks of cabins. I never want to be right below the lido, a bar etc.
I've never noticed the "wave reverberation noise." I wonder if it has to do with location? We usually book mid-ship or slightly aft. If you were forward perhaps that would explain it.

I've never noticed the "wave reverberation noise." I wonder if it has to do with location? We usually book mid-ship or slightly aft. If you were forward perhaps that would explain it.

Well the Cove balconies, which are the ones with this noise, are all located in the forward part of the ship. We were on the Magic and there were some seas throughout the cruise, so we heard it most nights. It's like a sound machine kind of noise, but louder. With a regular balcony we tend to book mid-ship or aft and never get noise.

I always check to see what deck the Suites are on, those have cabins above & below and are (normally but not always, Lol) more quiet.