Best location for aft view balcony on Magic?

cindik

Avoid deck 6. There's a lounge below.

Those cabins come with an amazing view and very little foot traffic in the hallways so they are quiet. The balconies are large enough to seat three comfortably.

They get nearly full sun most of the day and virtually no breeze at any time. This could be an advantage in the fall/winter, but they stay hot in the summer.

Deck 9 is my preference. The lip of the lido deck above provides partial shade. People have described problems with soot on deck 9. I didn't find this to be an issue on the Magic or the Breeze.

The view is truly mesmerizing.

Happy sailing.

We’ve stayed in cabin 8475 and the balcony was larger than the other aft view balconies. This was in 2012 and not sure if it was ever changed, but definitely one of our favorite balconies!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have had an aft balcony on the Dream, Breeze and Splendor. I am booked on an aft on the Magic in March. Aft balconies are my favourite as being on the back of the ship, they are rarely windy. I find that when we are sailing, I can use it a lot more often than a regular balcony due to that reason. It is also nice to lay on the lounge chair. I am not a sun person so we typically book right under the Lido deck so the overhang shades the balcony. The end balconies on that deck are also a lot wider than the ones in the middle (not so with other decks). As mentioned above, the hallways are very quiet as the only people coming down that far have cabins there. It is also very quiet outside unless people are gathered on their balcony. I don't think the experience would be as quiet on one of the new ships with the Havana area below as you would get the noise from that area traveling up.

I would say one of the only downfalls is that the divider separating the balconies is only partial and angled so you do see your neighbour if they are out. If you are on a lower deck, everyone above can see into your balcony.