Spa Rooms, Magic

Butterbean1000

We love Spa Cabins. You get Elmis bathroom products, upgraded robs and slippers. The decor is nicer than a standard cabin. We loved being on a deck with no kids running up and down the halls. Our cabin was steps from the Spa and the Serenity deck.

We were on the Magic last month and had our first spa suite. LOVED IT! We went to the spa almost every day. Husband used the steam rooms numerous times and we both took advantage of the heated loungers in both rooms. Also liked the thalassotherapy pool but only used it twice. Was really awesome to have our own spa staircase and elevators that went up to the serenity deck. Very convenient. I totally agree too about the hallways being very quiet. We would definitely book a spa room/suite again. Highly recommend.

We did our 3rd cruise last April on the Magic, we had a spa balcony on 11. It was super convenient to Lido, Serenity and Atrium elevators. We LOVED the spa! The Elemis products didnt get filled regularly but that was because our steward was not that great. But they are nice too! For us, we cruise with our DD(12) so we have to pay more for her even though she doesnt get spa access. Our policy going forward is if we cant get a spa balcony, we will still get the spa pass. It's a celebration,enjoy yo-self!

If you are already on the Panorama deck then you are in a fabulous location already. I would compare the price difference from my current cabin to the spa cabin and see what the difference is. If it isn't much different then your cabin + a pass then move to the spa cabin. I wouldn't pay much extra to just move a few cabins down the Panorama deck to the spa cabin. I'd rather just purchase a week pass and use the difference for something else. My next sailing is in a spa cabin, but I my last one was not because it was simply a better deal for me to book my deck 9 balcony and buy a pass. The spa balconies seem to have a wider spread from other deck 9 and up balconies but you can often find very good deals on the insides. I have an inside booked on my next cruise and the price was actually LOWER than a decently located non spa inside and that's not the first time I have had this happen.

So, in short, my advice is look at the difference and see what works out best. Because you are already in a great , spa convenient location.

Cabin is nothing special. Was on Magic Spa Balcony in April. If you want to use the Spa, then it may be worth it for you. But the cabin is the same as other balconies. I enjoyed the Spa freebies that came with the room but will probably not book again u less it’s a great rate/ free upgrade.

Carnival Magic - 4/17

Carnival Pride - 11/15

Carnival Pride - 1/15

Carnival Legend 4/14

RCCL Independence of the Seas 11/13

We decided to keep our Panorama deck room. Sobering mentioned that the balconies in the spa deck are not covered. Can someone confirm this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

That’s correct. Mine didn’t have a roof on the balcony. That being said, I was on floor 12 on Magic. Aren’t some 11th floor rooms Spa? It may depend on your floor.

Carnival Magic - 4/17

Carnival Pride - 11/15

Carnival Pride - 1/15

Carnival Legend 4/14

11th Floor Balconies on are covered. 12th is not. We've done both decks both, Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on the Breeze and like either one, covered and not. Just so happened when we booked way back on The Magic (654 days ago)we decided not to get a Cloud 9 Spa cabin. Well kicked myself that we didn't . So I kept checking and not too long ago I snagged that baby up, cabin ! Also got some OBC ! We may use the spa maybe a couple of times if that .We just love the tranquility of decks 11 and 12, between the spa lavender smell and the quietness. You'll love it!

We decided to keep our Panorama deck room. Sobering mentioned that the balconies in the spa deck are not covered. Can someone confirm this?

This is correct, however there are spa cabins on deck 11 as well. I definitely wouldn't want a deck 12 balcony. Too much sun for me and in some spots on the Dream there are public access railings right above. You might check the deck plan for Magic because I think it differs some because the spa layout is also different.

That’s correct. Mine didn’t have a roof on the balcony. That being said, I was on floor 12 on Magic. Aren’t some 11th floor rooms Spa? It may depend on your floor.

Carnival Magic - 4/17

Carnival Pride - 11/15

Carnival Pride - 1/15

Carnival Legend 4/14

All the spa rooms on Panorama deck are sold out.

All the spa rooms on Panorama deck are sold out.

Might want to consider just adding the couples spa pass online to your booking, it's discounted when purchased ahead of time. For our upcoming Magic cruise in November we purchased the spa balcony on deck 11 because it was cheaper than regular balcony in that area and adding spa pass. Have to agree with others, wouldn't want the uncovered balconies on deck 12 due to there limited use with the weather conditions. Enjoy and hope you work it out.

I love the spa balconies, and booked the 12th floor for the second time on the Magic. The open balcony was not a problem for us--and neither was the serenity deck above. Never heard anything. The benefits are nice, especially the relaxation room and thalasso pool. I love the saunas and always feel like my sinuses are cleaned out pretty well. The other nice thing is it is very quiet up on the Spa deck--never anyone running down the halls and really no slamming doors either. The cabin decor is a bit different too and the upgraded toiletries are nice.

It was probably $100 per person higher when I booked, and it is worth every penny to me.

Yep. That is why I actually really disliked our spa room. No cover, and the location was difficult to get to.

For our next sailing on the magic, we're in a regular balcony on deck 8 and we just got the spa pass.

We love the spa balcony cabins on Panorama deck (covered balcony) - the area is incredibly quiet as it seems that there's not nearly as much foot traffic - the cabin itself is a more 'tranquil' decor, more earth tones. Regarding a steward not refilling your products, all you have to do is ask. Our stewards in the Cloud 9 cabin area have all been wonderfully accommodating. We also love that we're a few steps to a "private" elevator to the spa, and serenity deck.

From the Carnival website:

Price Per Guest*

Daily Pass: $40

4 day cruise $79

5 day cruise $99

6 day cruise: $119

7 day cruise: $139

8 day cruise: $159

9 day cruise: $179

10 day cruise: $199

12 day cruise: $239

13 day cruise: $259

14 day cruise: $279

do we know how much the spa passes are ?

They differ depending on the length of the cruise. For our booked trip a 7-day couples pass in currently $219 - when I compare the price of a "standard" balcony cabin on the Panorama deck (our deck of choice) and close to our Cloud 9 balcony cabin, it currently costs about the same - we'll stick to our spa balcony cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

I just sailed last week..deck 12 has a free use lockeroom with sauna showers double sinks hairdryers and bathrooms. Much larger than whats in the room with a marble look..

It was amazing..i never took a shower in my room all week..trust me, its there..