NCL DAWN Parking Boston

MIKED3016

Cruising out of Boston in 2 weeks on the Dawn. Has anyone used the EDIC parking lot, at $30/day, instead of the lot at the Waterfront Transport Center (which needs to be pre-booked). I am cruising with a young child, so would rather pay extra for the EDIC lot right across the street from the cruise port, but am concerned if they reach capacity issues on cruise days. I don't want to be stuck trying to find alternate parking the morning of the cruise. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on last week. Arrived at about 10:30, Dropped off the family and luggage at the terminal and parked at the lot at the bow of ship. Plenty of spots at that time and It was $175 for the week.

We just sailed on the Dawn July 10th and we decided to park outside of Boston and take the "T" subway in. It only cost $63 for the week to park and the Silver line bus dropped us right in front of the cruise terminal. Very easy. We did the same thing on the way out and was back to our car in 40 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We parked over at the South Boston Waterfront Transportation Center (SBWTC) at 500 D Street-pre-booked for $147 for the week, will drop our luggage off at the terminal, go park the car and get the shuttle over to the terminal. Took a dry run in over the weekend to find the garage, is a little tricky finding it because of all the construction but glad we did it before hand with no traffic and now we know where we're going! Weighed our options of Uber/Lyft and between tip and convenience-opted to do it this way. Called ahead to be sure that we wouldn't be charged extra upon our arrival/departure and assured that $147 was firm.

We just sailed on the Dawn July 10th and we decided to park outside of Boston and take the "T" subway in. It only cost $63 for the week to park and the Silver line bus dropped us right in front of the cruise terminal. Very easy. We did the same thing on the way out and was back to our car in 40 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

this is a good idea... you may also be able to get a decent rate at Logan Airport for long term or one of hte hotels (stay and fly package) adn then you can take the T over or a water taxi.

Is there really a covered garage or is it an uncovered parking lot?

Even if you get into the garage, cruise parking is on the uncovered top level.

I definitely prefer parking at the bow of the ship. Short walk to and from the ship. No shuttle required. No stairs or elevator to get to the top level of the garage. Works well for me.

What street is the garage on? We booked through Massport website and they listed Congress St, but now it says D Street... THANKS

Garage is on #500 D Street

Is across the street from the Boston Convention & Expo center (located on Summer Street) As I said in my first post-they are doing a ton or renovation in that area, and you have to take the entrance on SUMMER STREET to get to the garage entrance. We must have gone up and down D Street 6 times before figuring it out and FINALLY seeing the SBWTC signs.

There are three different lots.

1. The lot MassPort recommends on their site. This is the garage that is offsite and requires a shuttle.

2. The lot at the bow of the ship.

3. The EDIC garage walking distance from the port. Parking here for a cruise is on the open top level of the garage.

Yes, its confusing.

I know nothing about it. I just know its there, but it does fill up. Last time I cruised out of Boston, the "official" parking was the EDIC garage. I assume they are trying not to use it for cruise passengers as more business has relocated to the pier area.