Shore Excursion Credit Question?

JohnChiang

I've just read the details of the current Free at Sea Promo.

The Shore Excursion Credit rules seem to have changed from last year. You now get the $50 credit for every port instead of just 4 (which is good for long itineraries). And the debarkation port is now included.

Has anyone used the shore excursion credit at the debarkation port? How does this work?

Before you got the credit only AFTER taking the excursion, so how will my credit be applied? Can I use the credit for an airport transfer or a post cruise tour with airport drop off?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

I don't think a simple transfer is an excursion, it isn't booked with that dept.

An excursion that includes transfer should be eligible. You cannot cancel on the last night so they should charge and credit on the final bill you receive overnight.

I had good experiences using the previous version of the perk. It has value to me as I like booking with the ship.

Edited by Nola26

Shore Excursion credit is a certain amount of money for each port ($50 I think). When you book an excursion say costing $65- $50 will be credit for that excursion and you are billed the rest. Shore Excursion credit is use it or lose. If you chose not to go on an excursion at a given port, you lose that money.

I have never done it for a disembarkation excursion, I would ask the Shore Excurion Desk as soon as possible when you board.

You are billed for the full price of all excursioned booked. As you complete each a $50 credit is applied to your account. When I arrived my tickets were in my cabin and charges for them already applied to my account.

My excursions ranged in price from $49 to $119, $50 applied at each port after the excursion.

Edited by Nola26

How does this work with Bermuda where you are docked in the same port for 3 days? Just 1 - $50 credit?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Terms and conditions have held Bermuda as an exception, one per each of the three dou're there.

How does this work with Bermuda where you are docked in the same port for 3 days? Just 1 - $50 credit?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$50 each day so a total of $150 but you can only get the credit for a tour each day. You can not take one big tour to get the whole amount.

I've just read the details of the current Free at Sea Promo.

The Shore Excursion Credit rules seem to have changed from last year. You now get the $50 credit for every port instead of just 4 (which is good for long itineraries). And the debarkation port is now included.

Has anyone used the shore excursion credit at the debarkation port? How does this work?

Before you got the credit only AFTER taking the excursion, so how will my credit be applied? Can I use the credit for an airport transfer or a post cruise tour with airport drop off?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

There is usually only one or two tours for debarkation. Since you pay for those in advance, then you get the credit. The other excursions you don't get billed until after you take them. As someone else said, airport transfer alone isn't an excursion.

Since this is new and not too many people take tours at debarkation, you might not get any people who have used it on here.

I had this discussion with my PCC on Friday and he said that if you have a late flight & want to take a ship excursion that includes a transfer then the $50 will be applied to that trip.

Thank you for this information. It answered my question and was what I wanted to know.

We have done several debarkation excursions. When you get off they ship you go to a waiting bus, they put your luggage under the bus, you go to your excursion. When your excursion is over they bring you to the airport, unload your luggage for you so that you can bring it into the airport. Easy Peary!

Is it $50 per port per person or $50 per port per cabin?

It is $50 per port per cabin. Since excursions from the ship are so expensive, this promo is only worthwhile if you are traveling alone. The beverage or dining promo is a better option when cruising as a couple.

It no longer states a $200 maximum.

Here are the exact T&C for the Free Shore Excursions booked Dec 2016 - Feb 2017:

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit:

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

Edited by ebay33
  • Like 1

Anyone have it not show up on-line in MYNCL with the other amenities like the UBP and SDP? I'd expect to see it there but mine is not listed.

Yes, sometimes amenities do no show up on MYNCL. You can call NCL directly to confirm and have them email you a list of your amenities.