Escape OV Bathroom-Bathtub?

April42749

I'm thinking of booking an OV on the Escape.

A few years ago I had a minisuite on the Gem....which had a bathtub. I was warned in advance....it's high...too high for short people.

I ignored the warnings...but they were right. I was nervous getting in and out.

I understand the Escape has bathtubs. Are they "the normal height"? If any short people have had these cabins, I'd like to know how they felt.

I have stayed in the Family Ocean View rooms on Escape, and would do so again any time - the tub is high. take a look at it on this video
at the 1:00 mark he shows how high it is.

Thank you for the link. There are "doors" to hold on to. As I recall, there was nothing to hold on to in the Gem's bathroom.

Do all of the OV rooms on the Escape have bathtubs? I Hope NOT! We may have to cancel our cruise if it does! We need a Walk- in shower ONLY! Worried now!!

In doing my research, it seems that only the Family Oceanviews have the tub.

Do all of the OV rooms on the Escape have bathtubs? I Hope NOT! We may have to cancel our cruise if it does! We need a Walk- in shower ONLY! Worried now!!

According to the floor plans, the standard oceanview rooms (OV with large picture window) have walk-in shower stalls and no bathtubs. The Family Oceanview rooms (which can accommodate up to 5 passenger, it says) have bathtubs with showerheads, but no shower stalls.

The tubs are normal once you're IN it....it's just that they are installed on a platform ( to account for the drain!), so it's a bit higher than the floor. Sit on the side, put your legs in, and then , stand. Repeat to get out.