M.S. Veendam Neptune Suites - YOUR Opinions, Please

What was that?

Before HAL decided to make those 2 cabins SB guarantee cabins, they were SA's and we always booked S8002.

It was right under the beauty salon and nice and quiet. We hated when HAL decided to make them guarantee cabins as we didn't want to be placed in a cabin under the Lido deck area where people were constantly moving chairs and tables.

I see what you mean. Also, no passenger foot traffic past the door to cabins down the hall.

I'm learning about HAL, but uncertain what "guarantee" cabins are - I see the SBs are bookable on some 2019 cruises, so there is something I am missing...

I see what you mean. Also, no passenger foot traffic past the door to cabins down the hall.

I'm learning about HAL, but uncertain what "guarantee" cabins are - I see the SBs are bookable on some 2019 cruises, so there is something I am missing...

You have 2 options on most cruises when booking.

One is an assigned cabin. You choose the cabin.

The other is the "guarantee". You are guaranteed to be in that category or better. Sometimes, guarantees are a better price IF you get upgraded.

Hope this helps :)

Of all the Neptunes we have occupied, 002 on theStatendam was our favorite. Possibly those suites were chosen as thesacrificial SBs because of their proximity to the staircase landing. Beforechoosing that suite I was worried about people-noise coming from the landing;but there was no noise at all. I totally agree with KKs comments about thesuite and its location.

A couple of photos are posted at the Website that can not be named.

Of all the Neptunes we have occupied, 002 on theStatendam was our favorite. Possibly those suites were chosen as thesacrificial SBs because of their proximity to the staircase landing. Beforechoosing that suite I was worried about people-noise coming from the landing;but there was no noise at all. I totally agree with KKs comments about thesuite and its location.

A couple of photos are posted at the Website that can not be named.

Was the Statendam an S-Class ship, similar to the Veendam?

We stayed in Veendam 002 in June and it was great. No noise from anywhere. The Pinnacle suite is on the opposite side of the ship from 002 and 003. Bridge crew quarters are in front of 002. We preferred 002 over a suite close to the Neptune Lounge since there is no foot traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we are thinking of booking a Neptune Suite on the Veendam. Is there really a lot of noise, scrapping of chairs that you can hear from the Lido deck above. That makes me uneasy. Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Pinny

Hi, we are thinking of booking a Neptune Suite on the Veendam. Is there really a lot of noise, scrapping of chairs that you can hear from the Lido deck above. That makes me uneasy. Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Pinny

We have been under the Lido pool area (in a Neptune suite on several of the smaller HAL ships) and while we did hear noises from time to time, it really was not all that bad (IMO). Of course, the noises from pool chair movement will depend on the cruise - how many sea days, how warm, pool activities, etc.

While I would prefer a cabin under the carpeted area of the Lido deck, I would not let this issue deter me from booking a Neptune suite under the pool area if there was no option.

I just had an inside cabin on the Navigation deck on the Veendam - two doors down from the Neptune Lounge and it was totally quiet. I was worried too about Lido deck noise or noise from the busy crew prep areas right above this location. I heard not single outside noise the entire time.

I personally like being closer to the Neptune Lounge so we can just run down and get a few items to bring back to the cabin. Can't think of any time in any Neptune suite on any ship so far where we have been bothered by outside noise. And that includes being right next to the Crows Nest on the Prinsendam - totally quiet.

Worst cabin ever was a "guarantee upgrade" that put us right over the Ocean Bar on the Maasdam. We got moved because the noise coming from the Ocean Bar (music or art auctions) was no way we were going to spend the next 18 days. Warning, warning, warning about that "upgrade". Last time we will take a "guarantee".

We stayed in that very suite and loved it!! It was close to elevator and stairs. It was not noisy. Best of all, you only have one “verandah neighbor “! We would choose that cabin again over one closer to the Neptune Lounge. Remember in that class ship there is only a forward and aft staircase/elevator (no midship ones). It was VERY convenient! Here is a picture of the outside of the ship... 6d33a2d27a603a7612c997d3e687091a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been under the Lido pool area (in a Neptune suite on several of the smaller HAL ships) and while we did hear noises from time to time, it really was not all that bad (IMO). Of course, the noises from pool chair movement will depend on the cruise - how many sea days, how warm, pool activities, etc.

While I would prefer a cabin under the carpeted area of the Lido deck, I would not let this issue deter me from booking a Neptune suite under the pool area if there was no option.

I agree with Dave that I would not let the noise issue deter me from a Neptune suite under the Lido pool area IF it was the only suite available. We were on a two-week cruise and there were two late night buffet/parties at the pool area. It wasn't guests making the noise but the clean-up crew dragging tables, chairs, etc.for over 30 minutes until almost 1:00 o'clock in the morning. I love being close to the Neptune lounge but on the smaller ships I would try to select a suite that is not directly under the scraping metal chair area. Keep in mind that if it was the only Neptune suite available then I would be in it!

Was the Statendam an S-Class ship, similar to the Veendam?

Statendam was the first of the 'so-called "S:class ship.shipsm "S" for Statendam .We sailed her Inaugural year and got hooked on the "SA" cabins as todays Neptunes, were then called. The order the "S" ships entered the fleet is: S tatendam Maasdam, Ryndam , Veendam