Mariner of the Seas 9690/9692 balcony divider

We are looking at these 2 cabins for our family. Our planner at RCCL tells us that the divider between the 2 balconies can be opened but some pictures and videos I've seen do not support this. It appears there is a diagonal support which may be the reason for not opening.

Can anyone confirm that the divider between these 2 cabins can or cannot be opened? It is imperative to us.

Thank you!

We were in 8690 on Adventure a few years ago, and I don't see how it would have been possible to open the divider to the next balcony. I understand that Mariner is a second gen Voyager Class ship, so things might be different, but they would need to be considerably different for it to work.

We were in 8690 on Adventure a few years ago, and I don't see how it would have been possible to open the divider to the next balcony. I understand that Mariner is a second gen Voyager Class ship, so things might be different, but they would need to be considerably different for it to work.

The balconies are very different between the first and second gen Voyager class ships.

Understood, but I was under the impression that the aft cabin balconies were almost the same.

Sorry, I missed that the question was about the aft balconies. As far as I know, none of the aft balcony dividers can be opened on Voyager/Freedom/Radiance classes.

We are looking at these 2 cabins for our family. Our planner at RCCL tells us that the divider between the 2 balconies can be opened but some pictures and videos I've seen do not support this. It appears there is a diagonal support which may be the reason for not opening.

Can anyone confirm that the divider between these 2 cabins can or cannot be opened? It is imperative to us.

Thank you!

I just booked adjoining cabins for Dec 2018

The booking agent told me that I can open the divider

....having said that I was on NCL and I was told by the

cabin steward that it could not be opened as per US Coast Guard Regulations.

After speaking with the hotel director it was opened.

If you want it opened it can be opened.

I just booked adjoining cabins for Dec 2018

The booking agent told me that I can open the divider

....having said that I was on NCL and I was told by the

cabin steward that it could not be opened as per US Coast Guard Regulations.

After speaking with the hotel director it was opened.

If you want it opened it can be opened.

The aft balcony dividers on Mariner do not open. Wanting it open does not change the fact that they are not designed to be opened. A reciprocating saw would work, however.