Cann you bring bottled water onboard and NCAA tournament onboard?

Hi! I've been on cruise critic reading your reviews for years - thank you! Never posted so hoping I'm doing this right;) We've always brought a case of water and soda on other cruises (Celebrity, Princess, NCL). Our friends even checked a rolling cooler as luggage and filled it before boarding! Does RC allow you to bring a case of water onboard?

Sailing on Freedom 3/31 with hubby and 2 kids (boy-15/girl-12) Their first cruise! Hoping they'll go to their "club" the first night to meet other kids their age. Also, since we're not getting them the Voom package, any advice for having kids on the ship and how to check in with one another?

Last question - the final game of the NCAA tournament will be broadcast while onboard. Do you think they'll broadcast in anywhere besides a bar so my 15 YO can watch it too?

Thanks! If I did this wrong and need separate threads for all these questions, I can redo. :)

The official policy is no drinks other than two bottles of wine but whether or not it is enforced is port dependent. Most cruisers report no issue with bottled water. The NCAA final will likely be available in multiple locations. It will probably be on the large screen by the pool as well as your stateroom tv.

Water and soda technically not permitted but most ports look the other way. Some may insist you carry it on yourself or at least have it in like a dufflebag or something with handles. Ymmv but at most you’ve lost a few dollars.

Most people have their kids check in at various times during the day. Just let them know where you will be. They can also leave voice messages on the cabin phones from anywhere on the ship or post it notes but it’s best to set times for them to check in with you in person.

No way of telling what games will be broadcast but children are permitted in bars at anytime.

Never had a problem bringing a case of water with a luggage tag attached ...

Port Canaveral is one port that would refuse a case of water with a luggage tag. Better to put the water in some sort of luggage.

Just off Freedom. March Madness games were shown on ESPN on TV in staterooms. I am not sure about the poolside big screen as that is used for ship "at pool" events and showing of films. I was not poolside in the evening so I cannot answer that. However, I have been on Royal ships when major sporting events (watching the snow during a football game while we were on a Caribbean sailing was fun) were shown on the poolside big screen.

Hi! I've been on cruise critic reading your reviews for years - thank you! Never posted so hoping I'm doing this right;) We've always brought a case of water and soda on other cruises (Celebrity, Princess, NCL). Our friends even checked a rolling cooler as luggage and filled it before boarding! Does RC allow you to bring a case of water onboard?

Sailing on Freedom 3/31 with hubby and 2 kids (boy-15/girl-12) Their first cruise! Hoping they'll go to their "club" the first night to meet other kids their age. Also, since we're not getting them the Voom package, any advice for having kids on the ship and how to check in with one another?

Last question - the final game of the NCAA tournament will be broadcast while onboard. Do you think they'll broadcast in anywhere besides a bar so my 15 YO can watch it too?

Thanks! If I did this wrong and need separate threads for all these questions, I can redo. :)

IMO, you are likely to have a problem with that case of water on your particular cruise because it's spring break for zillions of schools. RC is the most suspicious during this time period.

Just do not be surprised if they do not permit you to have your water.

And your 15 year old will be welcome in any bar. He just won't be permitted to drink alcohol. :)

And welcome to Cruise Critic. :)