Pre paid drinks cards/packages on P&O

janny444

Can anyone please tell me if they have drink packages/cards on P&O I was just wondering if they have something similar to Princess cruises were they have coffee cards which you buy and then entitles you to 15 speciality coffees.

It was 20 large post-mix drinks for £30 on Azura last month. However, we don't like the post-mix drinks on P&O as they are inconsistent (e.g. flat, too sweet or too weak). We go for 2 mixer size cans which only works out at £1.60 and is much nicer.

The lovely thing about P&O is that the drinks are great value so there is no need for a package. Half a litre of wine with dinner for only £7.80, speciality coffee cheaper than the high street. Excellent prices and no service charge added to drinks.

One thing I really would love though is an unlimited soda package (with one of the cool refill cups :)). Most other lines do this, and considering its £30 for 20 refills when it was $60 (£37) for unlimited on RCI for a 14 night cruise, and being someone who drinks a lot of soda, the P&O thing seems a bit of a rip off. If anyone from P&O is reading this... ;)

The lovely thing about P&O is that the drinks are great value so there is no need for a package. Half a litre of wine with dinner for only £7.80, speciality coffee cheaper than the high street. Excellent prices and no service charge added to drinks.

I like the idea of being able to buy a half litre of vino in the MDR. Just enough for a couple. Price seems good. Better than forking out for exorbitant bottle prices. Is the carafe wine, drinkable?

One thing I really would love though is an unlimited soda package (with one of the cool refill cups :)). Most other lines do this, and considering its £30 for 20 refills when it was $60 (£37) for unlimited on RCI for a 14 night cruise, and being someone who drinks a lot of soda, the P&O thing seems a bit of a rip off. If anyone from P&O is reading this... ;)

We tavelled Princess the last couple of times and thought their ultimate drinks package for kids was very good value - but the P&O version is certainly poorer givent that these things cost pennies to make. the odd thing is that purchasing the 330ml drinks individually would mean only saving £2 with the pre-paid.

On the other hand, you can top this up to include 20 ice creams for another £10 so thats not so bad although again Princess do these for free,

However, looking at the bar prices they are certainly a lot cheaper overall so cant complain!

I think the carafes of house wine and very good value. We always have that - only one I wasn't keen on was the rose. As for mixers, what does "post-mix" mean? My husband usually has a whisky and ginger ale before dinner, so has a can. What is soda? Soda water? Or is it the American meaning - ie coke, cola, fizzy stuff. Very bad for you - give it up!! LOL

I think the carafes of house wine and very good value. We always have that - only one I wasn't keen on was the rose. As for mixers, what does "post-mix" mean? My husband usually has a whisky and ginger ale before dinner, so has a can. What is soda? Soda water? Or is it the American meaning - ie coke, cola, fizzy stuff. Very bad for you - give it up!! LOL

'Post-mix' is lemonade, coke etc. which is made by mixing concentrated syrup and fizzy water in one of those soda fountain gun things to make the drink. ('soda' being any fizzy drink in my dictionary). Hope that helps!

Look out each day in the HORIZON paper for Coffee of the day Virgin Cocktail of the day ( soda and fruit juice) and Cocktail of the day. These are excellent value...

You have a fridge in your cabin and some people do bring cola... etc on board from port to pop in the fridge.

Archived