Favorite gluten-free MDR foods?

I have recently had to go gluten free (or at the very least, avoid it as much as I can) because this old body can't tolerate it anymore. :o:(

I'm curious...what's everybody's favorite gluten free foods in the MDR?

::edited to add:: I am NOT allergic. It's just that I can't handle gluten anymore without some rather ah..unpleasant..gastric repercussions.

• 2 weeks later...
I have recently had to go gluten free (or at the very least, avoid it as much as I can) because this old body can't tolerate it anymore. :o:(

I'm curious...what's everybody's favorite gluten free foods in the MDR?

::edited to add:: I am NOT allergic. It's just that I can't handle gluten anymore without some rather ah..unpleasant..gastric repercussions.

My husband is GF, although like you, not deathly allergic. He knows what he can and can't eat so we didn't make anyone aware of his allergy. His favorite things on the ship are Guys burgers no bun, at the Cantina ask for corn shells instead of flour, pizza ask for GF crust (you'll have to wait for them to cook it) and at dinner, ask for GF bread and butter rather than the rolls they serve. :)

Hi, I am Celiac...but I do “cheat with Gluten once in awhile”. I guess for me , not really having related tummy issues, makes the “cheating” too easy.

On embarkation day, as soon as the MDR is open for meeting with the M’D, I let him know that I need to be gluten free due to allergies. They make notes on my passenger file for the wait staff (we have YTD) and every evening our head waiter brings me the menue for the next evening. I make my selections and he advises me if is GF or not......usually the chef will be able to make an item in a GF version.

The waiters really watch out for me and make sure I’m eating GF and that I’m happy with every offering they deliver, so much so, that they won’t let me order anything on my “naughty list”! So my DH will order a dessert item for me and when no wait staff are around, I can sneak a bite or 2.

That said......I don’t like the bread that I was served, as my bread basket on the Legend in September, I told the waiter not to bring it next time.

I liked all of the main entree plates, but LOVED the Carbonara, so much so that one night I had an entree size instead of the side it was supposed to be. My favourite dessert is the GF Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. I comes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but you can order any flavour you like (I had strawberry quite often). I asked for the dish to be cooked just a bit longer as I prefer it not as “melty”. If you like peanut butter....ask, they will bring some (with a smile, as you seem to really “know ur stuff”), OMG is so yummy with the Melting Cake.

My sister sailed and is gluten intolerant, but not celiacs. She went to the MDR the first afternoon and told them she had to be GF, and they let her pick out her dinner that night. The thing she very quickly learned was that a lot of their GF dishes tend to not have sauces, so she wasn't that happy with dinner the first night. However, she also learned that they would still give her the sauces on the side so she could control her intake and still get some of the flavor (because she knows her own limits), but they would always advise that they couldn't guarantee GF. They were amazing to her, everything was great, and there was a night that we got to the table and there was a plate of GF cookies sitting and waiting for her at her seat because the chef just felt like sending them to her.

Basically, don't be afraid to speak up if there is something that you aren't a fan of with the GF options. They were super accommodating and just wanted to make sure she found food she liked.

Hi, I am Celiac...but I do “cheat with Gluten once in awhile”. I guess for me , not really having related tummy issues, makes the “cheating” too easy.

On embarkation day, as soon as the MDR is open for meeting with the M’D, I let him know that I need to be gluten free due to allergies. They make notes on my passenger file for the wait staff (we have YTD) and every evening our head waiter brings me the menue for the next evening. I make my selections and he advises me if is GF or not......usually the chef will be able to make an item in a GF version.

The waiters really watch out for me and make sure I’m eating GF and that I’m happy with every offering they deliver, so much so, that they won’t let me order anything on my “naughty list”! So my DH will order a dessert item for me and when no wait staff are around, I can sneak a bite or 2.

That said......I don’t like the bread that I was served, as my bread basket on the Legend in September, I told the waiter not to bring it next time.

I liked all of the main entree plates, but LOVED the Carbonara, so much so that one night I had an entree size instead of the side it was supposed to be. My favourite dessert is the GF Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. I comes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but you can order any flavour you like (I had strawberry quite often). I asked for the dish to be cooked just a bit longer as I prefer it not as “melty”. If you like peanut butter....ask, they will bring some (with a smile, as you seem to really “know ur stuff”), OMG is so yummy with the Melting Cake.

Yeah, it's not so much a life threatening illness for me as gluten just seems to have started causing my digestive system to go "Hey hey hey! We do NOT like that! STAAAAAHP!" which is kind of a bummer. I do 'cheat' once a day though, usually at dinner with some bread or pasta.

Peanut butter, unfortunately, is another one of those things that my digestive system has decided is no longer OK for me. Which sucks because I LOVE peanut butter.:loudcry: Getting old stinks.