Easter services Regal

dblane

Will be on the Regal April 1st. Anyone know if Princess will have Catholic and/or Non-donimanol services?

April 1st on the Regal Princess is turnaround day in Fort Lauderdale.

Normally Princess has a church service every Sunday - led be a crew member unless a passenger volunteers. They will have Catholic mass only if a passenger priest volunteers to lead it.

However, April 1st on the Regal Princess is turnaround day in Fort Lauderdale. Princess does not normally hold services on turnaround day with passengers disembarking and embarking. Even though Princess sells a 14-day cruise from March 25th through April 8th, it is really two separate cruises back to back.

If you want to attend services on Easter, I recommend you check the schedules for the various churches in Fort Lauderdale and plan to attend services onshore. The ship is scheduled to arrive in Fort Lauderdale at 6:00 am and to leave at 4:00 pm, so you should have plenty of time to attend morning services.

If you want to attend services on Easter, I recommend you check the schedules for the various churches in Fort Lauderdale and plan to attend services onshore. The ship is scheduled to arrive in Fort Lauderdale at 6:00 am and to leave at 4:00 pm, so you should have plenty of time to attend morning services.

St. Sebastian (http://www.stsebastianfl.org/) is located in the neighborhood of the houses and condos on the left as you sail out of Port Everglades and is 1 1/2 miles from terminal 2 (the usual terminal for the Regal Princess).

If it were not a turn-around day, the most you could hope for is a non-denominational service. I second the suggestion that you go to Mass ashore.

I was at sea on Christmas Day. I attended non-denominational services aboard and then went to Mass at our next scheduled port of call.

The chance of a service on turn around day is basically zero. But as others have pointed out, churches in town will welcome you. If you are boarding that day, go to a service before you go to the terminal. If doing a B2B, you have plenty of time to go into town. If disembarking and heading to the airport, it gets a little trickier from a time standpoint.

@JLP: Princess has sometimes stated in some of its advertising that that there would be religious services. In fact, I was told by Princess that there would be Christmas services on Dec 24-25, 2017.

And there were Christmas services. They were led by the cruise director. Non-denominational, and without a priest or minister. But Christmas services nonetheless.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Will plan to find a church in FLL.

St. Sebastian (in post #4) is the closest. More info on other Catholic churches can be found at http://www.thecatholicdirectory.com/directory.cfm?fuseaction=search_directory&absolutecity=Fort%20Lauderdale&state=FL&country=US.

@JLP: Princess has sometimes stated in some of its advertising that that there would be religious services. In fact, I was told by Princess that there would be Christmas services on Dec 24-25, 2017.

And there were Christmas services. They were led by the cruise director. Non-denominational, and without a priest or minister. But Christmas services nonetheless.

All I can say is I have never seen any while on any cruise. Only refference in Patter states no service provided by ship crew. And from Princess.com

Religious Services We respect our guests' religious beliefs and invite them to practice on their own or with their fellow guests. Guests who wish to lead religious